Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blimey, I've got a 3 mob broadband deal with 15Gb/month for £8.67, I kept saying I was going to leave, and they dropped the price to virtually peanuts.
    Nothing to see here, move along..

0 0 0

2. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yup Ovivo are a virtual network hanging off vodaphone. So I think you get, as mentioned, all vodaphones sometimes less than stellar coverage.

However it's pretty much £0 if you plan on keeping it a while.

I have an ovivo sim in my mobile for my own use - no real issues other than sometimes iffy reception, but I knew that going in as my partner is on vodaphone and she gets the same issues. I had the sim in the car for a while and, despite their web ad proxy stuff, had no issues. Seemed to work ok.

I'd have another one for in the car all the time if I didn't have one of the older c7's where you don't seem to be able to mix and match phone books between paired bluetooth handsets and the in car sim...

0 0 0

3. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My data sim died today; only used circa 400mb of the bought 3gb; in just over 4 months since it was inserted. Meant to be going to Egypt/sharm thurs (!?); so will get something sorted on my return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

4. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    How about 100mb a month for free or £4.95 for 1GB? They use the Three network.

UK Pre-Paid Data SIM card - The smart choice for data

0 0 0

5. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the late reply guys!
    Personally I would use a company called Ovivo (if I'm not allowed to say the company name could a mod please edit it out? Thank you!) They charge £20 upfront cost for 1gb data, however from then on the sim costs £0 per month! Yes £0!! I think the network runs with Vodafone, but don't quote me on that.

1 0 0

6. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buneet View Post
    Sorry for the late reply guys!
    Personally I would use a company called Ovivo (if I'm not allowed to say the company name could a mod please edit it out? Thank you!) They charge £20 upfront cost for 1gb data, however from then on the sim costs £0 per month! Yes £0!! I think the network runs with Vodafone, but don't quote me on that.
    Crumbs that would seem to represent excellent value, so whats the catch? Is 1GB/month enough in most cases? If so I may sign up today to make sure I miss any extra charges on my mobile plan.

0 0 0

7. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    Crumbs that would seem to represent excellent value, so whats the catch? Is 1GB/month enough in most cases? If so I may sign up today to make sure I miss any extra charges on my mobile plan.
    Whoops, I didnt see the previous post mentioning Ovivo as it was on page 2, my apologies.
    I don't think there is a catch buddy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    In the end ; went for the 3 Network - PAYG '321' Plan.

You get a Free SIM; Order online and gets delivered via post. Then it is just 1p/Mb with no expiry: Plus you get 150Mb data when you top up £10.
    As far as data consumption goes; I was only using circa 100Mb/month: So.....The £10 top up I put on should be good for yonks....circa 9-10 months!?.
    (Sounds to good to be true...need to monitor the next three months and see where I am etc)
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

9. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Those guys who have a OVIVO data sim.. Do you get the ads pop up in the car? Do you have a other problems regarding the web proxy that you get with OVIVO sims?

0 0 0

10. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I've wondered this also. Their website days you have to stay on their advertising page for 10 seconds and them can continue for free. If it does bring up a page for 10 secs and then everything else streams as it should for free, it seems like a right bargin!

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast