1. To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Considering having my windows tinted, not dark just a light smoke, few questions first:

- Do Audi offer tinting? If so what is the rough cost?
    - Some tint jobs look bad whereby you can see the heater lines and silver outline, would this be the case with my A4 windows?
    - Not sure if the mirror dim would work properly?
    - Will it devalue the car, are people put off by tinted windows at resale or part-ex?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi,

I think window tinting is quite a personal choice. From a legal perspective, you can have the back windows tinted as much as you like (Limo tint is kinda cool) but the fronts can only be very slightly tinted. Exact guidelines can be found on the VOSA website.

In Answer to your questions....
    1. Yes Audi offer tinting in the factory when you first get the car built (if buying new) but otherwise they just end up subcontracting someone else to do it. I can't remember the exact cost from mine, but as a ball park figure I believe it was £200 - £300. I have dark smoke which makes it impossible to see in the back of the car from the outside on a bright day or at night but still lets you see out.

2. Some look bad - Yes its worth paying someone good to do it. You can still see the heater outlines, but they arent *that* noticeable. I think mine are just a different shade of black, not silver.

3. Mirror dim is a little hit and miss. Mine still seems to work ok, with light smoke I doubt you'll have a problem but it might not be the case with limo tint.

4. Done properly, I can't see it devaluing the car. If anything its usually listed as a positive optional extra. Personally I think it finishes the car nicely and I would tint the windows on any saloon I bought that didn't already have it.

hope it helps.

-Andrew
    1994 VW Polo 1.4L (Scrapped)
    1998 VW Polo 1.4L - Somewhere Out there...
    2004 Audi A4 1.9TD 130bhp <--Gone but not forgotten!
    2011 Audi A4 3.0 V6 TDi 240bhp - Moved on, but still going
    2017 Audi S3 2.0 TFSI 310bhp

0 0 0

3. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I had it done on my A6 Avant and the 'silvering' around the dot matrix looks terrible IMHO. I have been looking for the 5 pieces of glass with the acid dip tint from breakers yards to make it look a factory job - haven't managed yet!

I have yet to see one film tint on an Audi/VW that looks close enough to OEM. The only time my A6 tint looked good was doing 70 on the motorway! The company that fitted my tints were really good - you just can't achieve a result without the silvering.
    A6 C7 Allroad 3.0 TDI Biturbo, Oolong Grey, Exclusive Carpets, Exclusive Inlays, Exclusive Leather Sports Seats, Panoramic Roof, 4 Way Climate and 4 Heated Seats, Sports Steering Wheel, Memory Seats, Bose, Cruise, Auto Dimming Folding Mirrors, Blinds, Heat Insulating Privacy Glass, PDC Front and Rear, Rear Camera, Phone Prep High, MMI High, Auto Key, Power Boot, Rear Seat Entertainment Screens, Foldaway Tow Bar, Storage/Luggage Packs.

0 0 0

4. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone got a silver B8 with tints they can share a picture of? I have considered this myself as I have the same shape as Wicked667 but I can envision it looking good. I need to see a car with it done.

0 0 0

5. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, will enquire w/Audi - this is how dark I would go I tihnk

0 0 0

6. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    definitely tint mate... best £180 bucks ive spent in a while... love the way it transformed my motor

0001.jpg0002.jpg0003.jpg0004.jpg0005.jpg
    Audi A6 3.0 BiTDI Black Edition

0 1 0

7. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a query to those with factory privacy glass- is it a film tint or actual smoked glass?
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

8. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdallas View Post
    definitely tint mate... best £180 bucks ive spent in a while... love the way it transformed my motor

0001.jpg0002.jpg0003.jpg0004.jpg0005.jpg
    May I ask you email these to me so I can see closer? I want to see what the back window looks like in fullscreen? Can I PM you my email?

0 0 0

9. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    It is acid tinted glass - it looks loads better than a film tint. No bubbles or silvering. My mrs has the factory tint on her Passat Estate (11 plate) looks great.
    A6 C7 Allroad 3.0 TDI Biturbo, Oolong Grey, Exclusive Carpets, Exclusive Inlays, Exclusive Leather Sports Seats, Panoramic Roof, 4 Way Climate and 4 Heated Seats, Sports Steering Wheel, Memory Seats, Bose, Cruise, Auto Dimming Folding Mirrors, Blinds, Heat Insulating Privacy Glass, PDC Front and Rear, Rear Camera, Phone Prep High, MMI High, Auto Key, Power Boot, Rear Seat Entertainment Screens, Foldaway Tow Bar, Storage/Luggage Packs.

0 0 0

10. Re: To tint or not to tint? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    ye send me your email and i'll send them on. cheers
    G
    Audi A6 3.0 BiTDI Black Edition