Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi chaps

As some of you may of seen a few weeks ago, I placed my order for a new 2.0TFSI Quattro Sline Black Edition and latest delivery date is mid-November...about 16 weeks since order! Anyway, since then I have been keeping my eye on Autotrader and PH for some second hand S4s...just out of interest really. However, the more I look at the them and read the reviews the more I am tempted to cancel my order and get a 18 month old or so S4. My car from Drive The Deal was a shade over £31k. 18-24 month old S4s on PH or Autotrader seem to ask around £25k-28k.

Am I crazy to be thinking about this? Will I be disappointed with the 2.0TFSI? I am sure I won't be, just the S4 seems the complete car even though I won't be getting a new one. Mmmmmmmm.

Any have any comments?

Ta
    Current: 2013 S4 Avant, Ice Silver, SS heated seats, tech pack, AMI, B&O.
    Previous: 2011 Mercedes C350 CDI

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    if you really want an s4 then of course you will be disappointed with the 2 litre.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I couldn't imagine being disappointed in a quattro S line Black Edition... but if it didn't have the interior light pack, I might be.

And advanced key.
    Cheers, Hippo
    A4 2.0 TDI 150ps Black Edition (B&O, AMI, flat-bottomed steering wheel), alcantara, heated front seats, PQ6 wheels, technology package, Audi Connect, advanced key, interior light pack, folding and dimming mirrors, parking system advanced, TPMS

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    mjhamilton Guest
    all depends what you want from a car - S4 sounds like a nice prospect but if you are driving any distances could become expensive to run compared to the TFSI

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippogriff View Post
    I couldn't imagine being disappointed in a quattro S line Black Edition... but if it didn't have the interior light pack, I might be.

And advanced key.
    I haven't ordered either but then what you don't have you don't miss

0 0 0

6. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippogriff View Post

And advanced key.
    Well I have both Am I disappointed in the 2.0T? Well it is my second one and the stronic makes it even better in my eyes. Would I like an S4...hell yes, but I'd rather have my new 2.0T than a second hand S4.
    Glacier White B8 Black Edition 2.0T Fsi quattro stronic - Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

0 0 0

7. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhamilton View Post
    all depends what you want from a car - S4 sounds like a nice prospect but if you are driving any distances could become expensive to run compared to the TFSI
    It would need to be a car that does everything. Put a smile on your face, take the kids out for the day, work etc. I do around 18-20k miles pa. I would hope for around 25-28mpg from the S4. Maybe 32-35 from the TFSI.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr4z View Post
    It would need to be a car that does everything. Put a smile on your face, take the kids out for the day, work etc. I do around 18-20k miles pa. I would hope for around 25-28mpg from the S4. Maybe 32-35 from the TFSI.
    I don't get anywhere near that on mine!!! OK so it has only done 2k, but even on my last one not a chance!!!
    Glacier White B8 Black Edition 2.0T Fsi quattro stronic - Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

0 0 0

9. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plife View Post
    I don't get anywhere near that on mine!!! OK so it has only done 2k, but even on my last one not a chance!!!
    Ha fair enough. I am not that bothered about MPG if I am honest. I would rather have a car that you can have a blast in...before my current car I had a Subaru Legacy Spec B which did about 22mpg so kind of used to it

0 0 0

10. Re: 2.0TFSI vs S4 conundrum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe you should see if you can cancel your order first. If you can't then thats your mind made up for you.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast