1. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Set of (5) genuine Audi 17" wheels with centre caps (not pictured), 4x Continental Winter Contact with 5.5-6mm tread for £255 to my door for the A6, can't wait to get them on

0 0 0

2. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cracking deal. All the way from Germany? How did you find them?

0 0 0

3. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Alloys (with new Kumhos) I picked up locally for £250 but sold the Kumhos for £150 so the wheels were £100.

The Continentials were £155 delivered from a seller in London who bought them but were the incorrect size for his car and I assume got them from Germany.

Cost me another £20 to get the Kumhos off and the Contentials on so all in it cost me £275 and a bit of diesel.

1 0 0

4. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Q5 Winter Wheels I have just got from Germany - £240 plus shipping. All four have 5mm plus tread on Dunlop Winter Sports.

Now fitted:

A6 C7 Allroad 3.0 TDI Biturbo, Oolong Grey, Exclusive Carpets, Exclusive Inlays, Exclusive Leather Sports Seats, Panoramic Roof, 4 Way Climate and 4 Heated Seats, Sports Steering Wheel, Memory Seats, Bose, Cruise, Auto Dimming Folding Mirrors, Blinds, Heat Insulating Privacy Glass, PDC Front and Rear, Rear Camera, Phone Prep High, MMI High, Auto Key, Power Boot, Rear Seat Entertainment Screens, Foldaway Tow Bar, Storage/Luggage Packs.

0 0 0

5. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Had some bad luck yesterday - two slow punctures on winter tyres both on near side. Being 4pm on a Saturday had no choice but to go to the nearest open place - Kwik Fit 2 miles down the road.

All the worrying signs were there, and I should have known better: "I'll check to see if winter tyres can be repaired", "where do you keep the locking wheel nut? Is it in the usual place in the glove compartment?"

Anyway, with no choice I let them repair the wheels. Whilst tightening one of the nuts with a torque wrench the phone rings so they go to pick it up with the torque wrench in place on a nut. I'm thinking how will they remember if they tightened it? If it was already torqued and they tried again danger is it would be over-tightened! Or worse still if they assume it had been tightened and they move on to the next one!

Anyway, drove back home to check the tyre pressures and notice one of the valves is too big and sticking out a lot, so take it back. I mentioned it to the manager who apologised and said the fitter must have fitted a stainless steel valve! 10 minutes later valve has been replaced.

I'll never learn.....

0 0 0

6. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a second hand set of alloys with Toyo Snowprox fitted size 235/45/18 on my S4, they have performed very well even in 15C! All you guys buying winter tyres with 5mm trend left know they need to be ideally changed at 4mm?
    Last edited by Lemonslap; 22-01-2015 at 08:20 AM.

0 0 0

7. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rather impressed with the mix of quattro and Dunlop winter tyres. Enabled me to go over the tops in the Peaks on the 27th December without even as much as a flashing traction control light. Such fantastic grip. Screen grab from my dash cam:

Snow.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all, I'm back with an Audi having inherited my late mothers 2010 avant sline black edition. I have a question if anyone has an idea. I have some winter tyres and alloys for my e class merc which are. 225/55/16 size and this seems to be a smaller fit size suitable (from the 18s).

Now researching the net I think that the merc alloys should fit, does anyone have any experience of this? Apart from seeing someone swap some from an e63 amg (centre bore size is the same)

See pic below?

Cheers chaps (now need to get my vag com back from my pal who borrowed it lol)

0 0 0

9. Re: B8 A4 Winter Wheel Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fitted base model 16" alloys to my 2.0tdi sline in the end, they fit over front callipers ok
    Last edited by RicardoA4Sline; 06-05-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    2010 Audi A4 avant s-line special edition multitronic
    2003 Lotus Elise Type 49 - current

2008 Passat Bluemotion Estate 105bhp of eco power - gone
    2007 Audi A4 Avant S-Line Special Edition - gone :

0 0 0

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415