1. Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My shark STS arrived yesterday and I have used it to pull my map off the car and email it to the guys at shark performance. Can't wait

Should take my 3.0tdi to 270 - 275bhp as I do feel it needs more oomph coming from my old chipped 2.7tdi!

Will let you guys know how it feels when I get the new map back!

5 6 0

2. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Was your 2.7 done via Shark too? I have the same system (Shark STS from memory) as you have. I did it when I first got it about 2-3 years ago, used it for a couple of months and then removed it after scares the Gearbox would die young
    Been sitting here collecting dust ever since. When it was done, it was a noticeable improvement

Also what I like is they give you the immobilise file too which renders the engine dead - Good if you're going away or parking in a strange place
    Tried that once too - pretty scary when everything works but engine doesn't even try to turn over :- )

0 0 0

3. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No, the remap on the 2.7 was done by chipped UK and actually with a group dyno day via this very forum some years ago - I think it was in 2008. Was very happy with the remap, but I like to try different things, so I have gone for the shark map this time.

I ran the 2.7 on the map for 5 years and never had a hiccup - this was even with my usual spirited driving style. I think you might be worrying too much about gearbox problems. I can understand a remap may cause you to drive faster/harder and this COULD cause premature wear on components but if this was common then forums would be full of complaints.

I guess it's all about your personal acceptable level of risk - I have always had quite a high tolerance for risk so something like a remap is a no-brainer.

0 0 0

4. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK the map was turned around in a day by Ben at Shark and I flashed the ECU with it today. The process was simple enough once I'd got the steps right. I made a mistake at first by having the ignition electrics turned on before I started, but the flashing process wanted me to turn the ignition on at a particular time.

Went for my test drive and after letting the car warm up I went for it and I can say the map seems to have made quite a difference, there is much more torque and you really get the feeling of being pinned into your seat on full throttle w/kickdown... and then using Sport mode on the gearbox was a different story altogether. I quite honestly feel like I've got more power than I could possibly need, hell, this is supposed to be my "sensible" car!

Anyway, it drives great and apparently gets even better once the ECU has re-learned all it's values after the flash.

Shark's maps aren't the cheapest but I am a very happy driver now!

1 1 0

5. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Out of interest have you told your insurer? I ask only to see which insurer's might be more receptive than others to remaps - my current insurer's response was an unequivocal "if you remap your car we will not cover you". So I'll be shopping around come renewal time (when I'll be back to 3yrs NCD after many years of company cars).
    2018 (2017MY) S3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro S-Tronic in Nano Grey Metallic.

Black Edition, Reversing camera, Parking System Plus, Hill Hold, Super Sports seats, heated, Dipping exterior mirrors, B&O, Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride, Red Calipers, 19x8J 5-V-Spoke wheels in matte titanium.

0 0 0

6. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes - I am with Sky insurance and they are pretty good for modified cars.

3 2 0

7. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks - was there an increase in premium as a result?
    2018 (2017MY) S3 2.0TFSI Sportback Quattro S-Tronic in Nano Grey Metallic.

Black Edition, Reversing camera, Parking System Plus, Hill Hold, Super Sports seats, heated, Dipping exterior mirrors, B&O, Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride, Red Calipers, 19x8J 5-V-Spoke wheels in matte titanium.

0 0 0

8. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hard to tell - as I timed my remap with a renewal, but it didn't make it jump up to crazy levels though, around the same as last year really.

2 0 0

9. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Akash have you still got the STS lying about as I need one......If you dont need it then let me know and I shall tell you how to erase everything from it and back to default settings.

0 1 0

10. Re: Shark Remap imminent :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Markus, I see a colour change, welcome my son to the crowd :P

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast