1. 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Got a 2007 3.0tdi c6 running 300bmp 420lbsft with miltek catback. what are the next levels of tuning available ie fmic/ turbo upgrade/ decat/ fuel pump/ injectors

2007 3.0 tdi le mans : Hybrid turbo decat : miltek etc : 330-350 bhp : 450-500lbsft

Visibility pack. Adaptive xenon, Privacy glass. Bose surround. Dvd nav. Comms pack, led plate lights.
    Miltek, custom map,hybrid turbo, decat improved airflow to intercoolers.

0 0 0

2. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trouble it's not much out there bar the obligatory remap. You can try a hybrid turbo from Darkside Developments, it has a larger 65mm compressor. Injectors from the BMW 335 also might fit and a FMIC- take your pic. I think you done the DPF delete as it's very unlikely you have 300Bhp with the DPF on but in uk everything is possible. Any more than that you need to go custom so you're looking at billet compressor wheels or a wastegated Hino/Holset small frame turbo. Trouble with that is that spool under 2000rpm's is not satisfactory ! Invest in an EMP and EGT gauge...

0 0 0

3. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help, your right in that i don`t have a dpf. I`ve seen Loba motorsport do a upgrade turbo and are quoting on my current setup with map tweek approx 350ps 670nm but want 2,195.00 euro inc vat free delivery, seems quite expensive to me but know it would be good . Would the fmic have to be custom or does anyone make one?

0 0 0

4. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Loba kits are based on new turbochargers hence the price. The inlet on the compressor is machined a lot so they use a custom machined shroud which fixes with screws as there's not much meat left after machining the existing one ! You might want to have a word with Fin Turbo as they do some custom/bespoke hybrids. A few years ago i would have recommended Turbo Dynamics or CR Turbos, however their hybrids don't last so I suggest to avoid as much as possible ! I would still go WGT, Holset small frame turbos are highly regarded in mainland europe and fins are churning some crazy power out of them !

Intercooler will have to be either a custom jobbie or you buy a suitable core and do a bit of cut and shut ! I would ask a pro to weld solid alloy pipes so you don't blow the boost hoses + the less joints = less leaks ! Mikalor hose clamps will be required + a boost leak test as well.

0 0 0

5. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    If I was to by a used turbo & get that rebuilt to a hybrid how do I know which model to buy as apparently there are 3 different one's?
    novice on the c6 question now, please don't laugh. does my car have 1 intercooler? or as my old b5 s4 have 2

2007 3.0 tdi le mans : Hybrid turbo decat : miltek etc : 330-350 bhp : 450-500lbsft

Visibility pack. Adaptive xenon, Privacy glass. Bose surround. Dvd nav. Comms pack, led plate lights.

0 0 0

6. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would look for the gtb 2260 vkz off the v12 tdi audi q7 or the gtb 2260 vk off the 244Bhp model...

1 0 0

7. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    looks like your the man, I've been recommended the gtb2260vk by several tuners also now upgraded to hybrid. As I have a bv50 would the gtb be a straight swap with a map tweek or would I require some fabricating done? Also what difference is there with the vks model from the q7 v12?

0 0 0

8. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The gtb2260vk is stronger than the bv50, i am surprised you have 300 bhp with that- in Europe that cannot go past 280 Bhp ! The GTB2260VKZ from the Q7 v12 tdi is oil AND water cooled and has a nice ported shroud ! I heard that it might even be ball bearing but i am not sure about that as it will require dismantling which is not what i would do to a good turbo !

0 0 0

9. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ok, so in pretty much ready to this upgrade. Going with a gtb2260vk rebuilt to hybrid by a reputable diesel tuner up north, (well north compared to me in the south east anyway) lol

Does the bv50 and gtb2260vk have the same fitment, straight swap or not ie flanges and oil/water pipes. I have a tuner local to me who will do the fitting of the turbo and having the cats gutted at the same time then tweaking the map.

The intake temps will be monitored to see if an intercooler upgrade will be necessary, may get water/meth injection instead due to cost

Injectors will stay original for now but what's the score if I want them upgraded?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

0 0 0

10. Re: 3.0 tdi tuning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do you find the Miltek?

I'm looking to replace the system cat back on mine and it would be nice if it was a bit more throaty sometimes but I definitely don't want it any louder on a motorway or cruising 60 or above, some after market systems are so boomy.

Thanks

0 0 0