Notices

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Dual Mass Flywheel Replacement Options

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Replace with Single Mass (Valeo) Conversion?

6 42.86%
  • Replace with standard Dual Mass (LUK or SACHS)

8 57.14%

Thread: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So...My flywheel is well and truly dead - 62k isn't much for a flywheel! So dissapointed with this car! Noise, shuddering and vibration car is making right now is unreal.

So do I go for for Valeo Single mass flywheel? Or go for SACHS or LUK Dual mass?

BENEFITS OF SMF: Cheaper, lasts MUCH longer - but noiser, more vibration and clutch pedal wont feel same.

What would you do?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I personally, and plenty of people disagree, replaced my own with a dual mass. I have fitted single conversions to peoples cars and my work buddies say that my bum is a plum but I can feel the difference in the clutch operation. I think the clutch is more 'snatchy'
    As I said, thats only my opion, it does not mean its the right one

0 0 0

3. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    dualmass every day mate!
    luk or sach

0 0 0

4. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I would go with a single mass conversion. I don't think you will notice much difference in noise & vibration, the clutch pedal should not feel any different. I was talking to a mechanic I know on Thursday evening, and he told me that he has done quite a few of these conversions, and he thinks they drive better (he works on some Skoda Octavia taxis). Don't forget, the conversion kit has cushion springs in the clutch centre plate, these are there to damp the vibrations.

0 0 0

5. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just bought a Valeo Solid Mass conversion kit - I will update you as to how I find it once fitted. My reason for this option??? Car only has 55k on clock and im replacing clutch, flywheel, bearing....I wont have to do this again now!

0 0 0

6. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    andwat

Did you ever carryout the install of the SMF and how does it feel? I know its 7 months ago but I am interested. Just for interest your not andrew Watt from Portadown are you?

Cheers

David

0 0 0

7. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    David, SMF has been in for arounf 10k now and so far so good. It is slightly noiser and not as smooth but nothing we can't live with! I did have issue with drive shaft where bolt sheered off end but don't think it was related to SMF conversion. I'm from Downpatrick direction btw!
    Anyway, you need any more advice gimmie a shout!

0 0 0

8. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the info. I am having problems with a slipping clutch in a 2.0 tdi touran. I upped the BHP to 185/190 approx from 140 and now its slipping. Only done around 40K and I bought it just about 8 months ago. I think the previous owner was probably a clutch rider and it has also knackered the DMF. The vibration thing worries me a bit and with the extra BHP probably best to stick with DMF in my case although I know a few taxi drivers that use it and they are happy with the extra vibs but they are not horsing it however they are covering major mileage on the SMF and its not causing any issues. Some mechanics say it will break the crank etc. but I am yet to meet an owner that this has happened to them.

I new a guy from school called andrew watt just wondered as I know hes in Belfast now I am from just outside Portadown but now living in snow free Glasgow. That's really annoying as I put winter tyres on the touran and they really help in the cold but I want to try them in the snow !!

Cheers
    David

0 0 0

9. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How long did the SMF last mate and did you find any issues with it?

0 0 0

10. Re: Replace Dual Mass with single mass? TDI 105 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's a record resorection of a thread! Don't know about the SMF, I still have the touran on the DMF and it's just shy of 100k and still on the Revo map so around 60k and solid as a rock still with all the extra bhp going through it all those years. The body work is really going now so I am on the lookout for a 190bhp mk 2 to Revo but this time with day as I have an A4 3.0tdi as another car with day and 310bhp and love the autobox.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast