Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All-rod View Post
    Nice to see you're doing well with these Andy.
    What about vibration dampers and bolts that hold compressor, are they dealer only or you can suply them as well?

Hi All-rod, I have never personally bought any or replaced these but you can buy the dampers in a kit from the dealer, Part number: 4Z7 698 505 approx £26 for springs, washers, nuts, rubber mount and ally sleeve, everything appart from the long studs as they are attached to the mounting plate, unfortunetely I would think it is the studs likely to fail most due to corrossion, looking at the part catalogue the mounting plate with studs is more expensive £40+

are yours broken?

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure of condition yet, but sure enough they will be corroded well and more likely need to be replaced.
    V6 Tdi Power!

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont know if its been mentioned before but you could set up a compressor refurb service where for a price people send their faulty one to you, you strip, repair and test and post back (courier costs less than a tenner) and also sell ALL the various repair kits/parts etc that would be needed to fix a faulty compressor for the DIYers, You seem pretty clued up about it, it would help loads of forum members and you could make a few bob.
    2002(52) AUDI ALLROAD QUATTRO 2.5 V6 TDI AUTO TIPTRONIC

1996(N) 300 series Discovery XS 3.9 V8 efi, manual, single point LPG converted

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi folks, can anyone advise. Have compressor nearly off but am left with one of the air lines that goes back to the 6 line manifold. It's a black line and I am not sure if I should just use a spanner and remove the line? This won't cause any issues will it?Also, Andy, how do you test your compressor and get PSI/BAR readings. Might just replace the ring anyway but don't think it is the reason my Allroad has bottomed out.Thanks for any help,Adam

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnice. View Post
    Dont know if its been mentioned before but you could set up a compressor refurb service where for a price people send their faulty one to you, you strip, repair and test and post back (courier costs less than a tenner) and also sell ALL the various repair kits/parts etc that would be needed to fix a faulty compressor for the DIYers, You seem pretty clued up about it, it would help loads of forum members and you could make a few bob.
    I'm Happy to offer this as a service, i have a test rig for testing them now i can send photos if anyone is interested get in touch

regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdavis View Post
    Hi folks, can anyone advise. Have compressor nearly off but am left with one of the air lines that goes back to the 6 line manifold. It's a black line and I am not sure if I should just use a spanner and remove the line? This won't cause any issues will it?Also, Andy, how do you test your compressor and get PSI/BAR readings. Might just replace the ring anyway but don't think it is the reason my Allroad has bottomed out.Thanks for any help,Adam
    to remove the black line undo the 10mm fitting at the compressor around the airline, it is not very tight and uses a rubber o ring to seal it. it will hiss a bit but only to release air which is in the black airline, the car will not loose pressure. NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT on re-fitting, the compressor is only plastic. why do you wish to remove the compressor?

if your car is sinking you have a leak, not a compressor issue, we need more info to help:

what corner sinks? or describe the cars problem

my bet it is a leaking airbag (I have had 3 calls today all leaking airbags but they didn't believe me!!) ussual symptoms it sinks at level 1 but doesnt sink at level 3, cannot be a leak... right!!! WRONG this is classic of a leaking airbag,

To test pressure: use a pressure guage in the black airine or where it comes from the compressor, my new piston seals generate 15 Bar!! 200+psi the older ones were only half that, if anyone has an old ring they bought from me and have not fitted it I would be happy to exchange it if you want to get in touch. the old ones still work but take longer to bed in to increase the pressure.

regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Andy for the response. I was just going to overhaul the suspension, including the compressor, with your kit, and the o rings top and bottom on each strut. Parked outside a friends house for 2 hours and came out and the front end particularly was bottomed out. The rear soon followed afterwards. I always drive at 3rd setting and park overnight on setting 4. For last few years if parked overnight at 2nd setting it may have dropped to 1st setting or lower and it would struggle, few warning lights, to get back up. Think I must have had a catastrophic failure of front airbag or o ring to account for sudden drop over a couple of hours. Will take off each strut in turn and examine, water submerge and replace as required. Some good videos on YouTube regarding same.
    When you say put compression tester on compressor are you talking about the rigid thin black line (10mm) or larger bore one. Would I need to blank off any open ports? Was going to connect compressor direct to a spare car battery to activate, thermal sensor shouldn't be an issue. Not sure whether to go with VAG/German or Arnotts gen 1 or 2 bags. Anyone any advice?
    cheers folks.

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Progress so far. Compressor removed and powered via spare car battery. Connected a pressure meter to slim (10mm) output pipe but didn't register anything. Motor bit rattley and noisy. Put my finger over and output and just about felt air pressure. Possibly not enough to half fill a bike tyre never mind lift a 2t allroad, even with the aid of a cylinder. Noted that the larger bore rigid pipe, connected via 2 outlets to compressor, was probably air inlet as slight suction felt here. Presume the clear plastic housing opposite piston end is an air filter of some type, presumably removed for cleaning? via a hex in its centre. Where do you find the non return valves? Feel compressor is giving no way enough output and as such may be a reason why allroad wont lift up. Usually times out after45 seconds and then quicker, presuming thermal cut out in action? Still doesn't explain why car dropped in 2 hours so still going with hole in bag/o ring failure but should overhaul compressor whilst it is out.
    Thanks, Adam.

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi Adam,

The sinking is a leak and is not to do with the compressor, you need to find the leak, it will be on the corner that sinks to the bump stop, ussually the front passanger side (guess), the rest of the corners sink to try and keep the car level but the lowest is the one with the leak, you must park at level 1 to find the leak, parking at level 3 prevents the air escaping and it will not ussually drop at level 3 or higher.

if the car keeps sinking at 1 it will more than likely be the airbag, on the lower part where it folds over, spray the airbag with soapy water on suspect corner, leave the car sitting on its wheels parked at level 1 and go have a cup of tea, go back and inspect the airbag for bubbles, if ther is a leak bubbles will form , but again they will only form at level 1, I had a guy yesterday with these symptoms looking for leaks but he was parked at level 3, they dont tend to leak at level 3 park the car at level 1 and it will leak if it is the airbag,

if a leak is found i recommend you fix this 1st, your compressor will be tired to counter act the leak, a repair kit should refurbish it, but ultimately find and fix the leak,

search this forum there is loads of info on airbag leaks and if proved change ony the leaking one with an arnott one, I don't recommend stripping the strut to find the leak you will never replicate the conditions, find the leak then replace the faulty part, don't go overboard with stripping the whole system.

One way valves are found inside the drier unit, i would leave them until you try a new ring as they will be ok, you could do more damage than good in there, the low pressure issue should be the piston seal.

regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Andy, much appreciated. Problem is that there is no air in any of the bags and she is on bump stops all round. Can't test for air bubbles without compressor? Don't feel any pressure much at skinny black outlet pipe, presume I should be able to feel a good bit? Plan is to rejuvenate compressor to allow car to get upto setting 1 then do fairy liquid test. Looking at prices of bags, sensors and distribution block, tempted to just put in std shocks / coil overs. Least job is done when finished. What would be best std suspension kit? I understand that an allroad without air suspension is devoid of its character but I would have a cheaper to maintain Quattro A6 Avant with allroad styling...

0 0 0

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast