1. Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, im new to this forum, sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place!
    I know this has been spoken about many times on this forum but I can't seem to find any one with the same problem as me. I own an Audi a3 2006 sport back with genuine auto bi-xenon headlights, when the car is not running the headlights are perfect this includes when they are on welcome/follow me home lights but when I start the car and drive away they start to flicker and then switch off, sometimes they both switch off and i have nearly crashed. Both headlights are doing it. I have changed the bulbs but that has not helped, I don't believe it's the ballasts because as I say they are ok when car isnt running. Some one please help. Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

I had the same issue, changed bulbs, it appeared to be 1 of the ballasts at fault, as since then I havnt had a problem.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello thanks for the reply. Both headlights is doing it so does that mean both ballasts are suddenly faulty. If ballasts are faulty why do they only flicker when car is running, surely they would flicker all the time. Is there not relays or something that could be causing the fault, Somebody said it could be a low battery but the car Starts ok.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Its not low battery as the cars charging when its on, so highly unlikely & I changed 1 side & its fixed the issue, thats not to say it will fix yours, but try disconnecting 1 side or other & see if problem goes away.

1 0 0

5. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks I will try that. Hope I can sort it without putting it into Audi, don't want them ripping me off replacing things that are ok.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fixed my fault. Rear leveling sensor plastic arm was broken so must of been causing some fault in the system. Fixed the plastic arm eith epoxy and now no errors, flickering. Nothing to do with ballasts or bulbs. So if sny1 has the faults that I had check this first.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thats extremely weird, flickering lights because of a levelling sensor, thats a 1st & I've done a fair few xenons jobs, unless they were moving up/down all the time, I still find that very strange, but alas if you're happy then fine.

My suggestion is you brace the crack with a small piece of metal & bolt each side & then coat in some resin or the like, as epoxy wont hold forever with the roads we have, its very brittle at times.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know I couldn't believe it. The sensor arm was stuck at the top and now that I have fixed it it will never be able to get to that position so this must of been causing a fault. Yeah I did put a metal strip and added more epoxy. Will keep checking it and try and find a new bit from a breaker.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    My son was told by our MOT tester last week that this is common .He has drilled and used cable ties to fix the arm but had no probs with the lights

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi a3 xenon problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Its common when suspension work/upgrades have been done, people forget to undo the arms prior to dropping things down.

I would use a good resin like I use for the dsg gearknob mod I created, cant remember the name, think innotec is brand, its very good.

0 0 0