Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    A don't recall putting photos on here as my post was way back in 2017 !
    A think possible someone else had put photos on here so keep scrolling back previous posts on here a hopfully you find some.

0 0 0

2. Re: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeewa.singha View Post
    I can't find the photos.
    The photos are HERE

0 0 0

3. Re: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash2 View Post
    The photos are HERE

Doesn't seem to be an active link to them anymore on your old post unfortunately. At least not for me using a mobile phone.

0 0 0

4. Re: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I'm still able to view them on my computer.

0 0 0

5. Re: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Me and my younger brother have just done this job on a 2003 Polo Twist (9N). It's a simple enough job to connect the bowden tube/heater cable to the heater flap control matrix IF you know where to look!

You'll need to remove the stereo and any other bits necessary to access inside the central facia area. The cable reaches in and up slightly from the lower right hand corner of the area accessible behind the radio/storage compartment. You can most easily see it from the RH side drivers footwell too on my brothers model, which may be different to the newer models, but most likely accessible by taking off some trim. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE WHOLE DASHBOARD ASSEMBLRY TO RECCONECT THE BOWDEN TUBE/HEATER CABLE!

Me and my bother did this job with the central facia panel removed, which was straight forward enough to do and gave us a bit more work room. But you could probs do it with just the radio and central storage bits removed. Again, this is on 2003 polo, which has 9N interior.

The cable was most easily connected from the RH side footwell as you can get you hands on the cable and just about see what you're doing if you slide yourself well in the footwell!

I'm not too sure how to attach pictures on here though... I've uploaded pictures to another forum here which you can view hopefully: cable from heater control dials | UK Volkswagen Forum

0 0 0

6. Re: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for this....... I have located it just cant attach
    Patience is the key!!!!!

0 0 0

7. Re: Heater Control Cable (air Distribution) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash2 View Post
    Well I managed to snap a couple of photos of the heater cable to see if it will help you refit it. I did a bit of mucking about to see what was the best way to refit it. I found that the best way to get at the cable is to remove...wait for it...the airbag, steering wheel and lower steering cowling. I know that sounds like a lot of bother, but it only takes a few mins to strip it all off if you have the tools handy, (a T20 torx driver for the cowling and a 10mm spline socket for the steering wheel) and it'll be quicker in the..eh..long run...if you see what I mean.

The airbag is removed by adjusting the steering column down as low as it will go and pulling it out towards you. Turn the steering wheel to the 3 o'clock position and insert the blade of a plain screw driver in the hole on the back of the steering wheel and rotate the driver towards the off side. Rotate the wheel through 180 degrees and repeat the last step. Disconnect the yellow airbag connector by pulling the release lever at the top towards you with your finger. Keep the ignition off while the airbag is removed or you'll bring the warning light on.
    Make sure the wheels are straight before removing the steering wheel. There is an index mark on the wheel and another on the steering shaft that help ensure the wheel is refitted straight. Don't rotate the airbag slip ring while the steering wheel is removed.

Below are a couple of photos taken through the space where the steering cowling is fitted.

I hope that helps, Keith.

Jim.
    Hi, ive got to the point of where it goes but as to the pictures mine doesnt point down does this mean there is a missing part? Im confused

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234