1. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, mine is an SX so no fogs, washers, sensors - just bumper. Was told by SEAT dealer that it's often not the actual G65 sensor but low gas which causes the error - asked for recharge while car was in for annual service at beginning of Feb , was told afterwards that recharge failed as there is a leak from unknown place (thought gas had a fluorescent dye so leaks can be traced). They said (inspiring great confidence) - it might be 'big pipe £90' or 'small pipe £20' or 'something else unspecified like compressor £???' Labour £xxx (depending on what else is found) - not heard from them since for which I'm grateful. Estimated cost £300 to £ who knows

Anybody know a good vehicle aircon engineer in the York area?

0 0 0

2. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always check for leaks, uv light of fleabay about £3, best wait till its dark. I'm in the prosess of changing my A/C pipes that run from the drivers side inner wing in engine bay all the way to the block on near side bulk head, lots of fun but there out now picking up new one tomorrow, with all 8 0rings! in 4 sizes. Its in the inner wing were they go theres 2 p clips which are to tight for my liking and when i took them off the pipes had corroded right thru. They sell them on e-bay but dont be tempted as they are expensive, at £60 for the big one!!!

Big one Part no 7M4820741G £38.68
    little one part no 7M4820729J £14.17
    o-rings came to £6.50

Always pays to check you local seat dealer as i got my front disks and pads cheaper that pattern ones. Going to get the regas done there and they said they will do a bomb inside as well to clean out there A/C in the cabin and clear all my errror codes all for £45, so would recomend SEAT Liverpool for all your VW bits.

1 0 0

3. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes it was the 'big pipe' worn through - thanks for the advice much appreciated - obviously plumbed into engine bay before the engine was inserted from underneath!!

On a related subject does anybody know if the temp at which the Climatronic changes from set temp to LO can be altered through VCDS? It goes to LO below 18C and is as noisy as hell. I'm sure my previous B5 Passat did not go to LO until below 16C

0 0 0

4. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I'm new to the forum. Crossing my fingers as I've gone a bought a G65 sensor off ebay for £50. Quite pricey I thought. After a few google searches I found this forum so hopefully this thread about removing the bumper should make it a bit easier.

Will maybe post some photos if I remember.

Also this thread explains a bit more about the fixings for the bumper.

Front bumper removal

Ant

0 0 0

5. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Guessing that yours is a 2003 ish Sharambralaxy with an ASZ engine (it always helps to know) a G65 from VW is about £55 and comes with a two year VAG UK dealer backed parts and labour warranty no matter who buys and fits it. The VW part number is 1K0 959 126 D but is available from Valeo, Behr, Denso, Frigair (), Hella, Auto Air, Thermotec, Tructec, NRF and Vemo and obviously I would go for Hella, Behr or Valeo if I wanted to buy a cheap one at around £20. If the part you bought was not genuine for £50, they saw you coming. All of the companies advertising this part picked up by Google are taking the urine, seriously, these generic VAG, Peugeot, Subaru, Scania and Opel/Poxhall switches are easy to get anywhere, the internet makes me angry, as do many things. Just because it is on fleaBay does not mean it is cheap! In a few years time the tineterweb bubble is going to burst again for the second time when people realise they are being taken advantage of, mind you-an awful lot of people will walk away from said burst bubble knowing it was going to happen but with a thick wad of cash sticking out of every pocket they have. Rant over!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,

Yep I agree for what it is the sensor was expensive but I did spend some time looking on google before ebay but was getting nowhere. Didn't want to take the risk of getting the wrong one.

Anyway, took the bumper off yesterday. A lot easier that I thought. Had to unplug the right hand bulb connector to shift the bumper out of the way. Put on some goggles & gloves & the old sensor came out fairly easily and only lost a small amount of gas. Probably due to the fact that the air con pipes got replaced about 3 years ago so it would have bee taken off then. New sensor went on easily.

Put all back together and I think it's definitely colder. You can even hear a click when you press the econ button on & off which I'm assuming i the compresor clutch.

So basically the last 2 independant garages have said that the compressor is kaput or that after the re-gas it was fully working.

Said I was going to take some photos but completely forgot.

Ant

0 0 0

7. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone knows part numbers for 2003 A4 1.9TDI with AWX engine.
    I think I have the same problem with the sensor not showing correct pressure in the system and my AC doesn't cool at all.
    The gas has been refilled and there are no leaks.

0 0 0

8. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I get the number as being 3R0 959 126.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I know this is an old thread but thought I'd see if anyone can help. I''ve a 1.9 Alhambra with the ASZ engine. I got the fault code 16916 for the aircon pressure sensor. I've changed the sensor, ended up replacing the pipe too as I cracked it. I've checked the wiring. the wire to the relay shows 2k ohms resistance to earth. Not sure the wire to the relay should show that? The live feed shows continuity to earth with ignition off. should the ignition be grounded when off? I've got 13v at the fuse and 11.5v at the sensor with power on. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: G65 a/c refrigeration pressure sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    So you have had it regassed and you are still getting the same fault code? What is the pressure reading in Measuring Blocks?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12