Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateknight View Post
    To be sure you don't need a new steering column control unit, you'll need to have tiptronic gear switches on the steering wheel, and/or multifunction steering wheel (radio controls).
    If thats the case just switch and screws (if your willing to cut the lower cowl -as suggested), and a re-code and you should be all set to go.
    Rough ****

Sent from my iPhone using
    My fat fingers
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

2. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have tiptronic gear switches on the steering wheel, and multifunction steering wheel so now i just need to grow some balls or find someone local with some

0 0 0

3. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to get cruise control retrofitted to my 2005 TFSI S-Line.
    As I only have the standard steering wheels I guess I would need the full kit.
    Can anyone recommend a place in Berkshire who would do this?

0 0 0

4. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all I have a couple of questions could someone please help before I attempt to retrofit cruise.
    No 1 My steering wheel electronics part No is 8E0953549Q according to the previous threads this should be good to go when I fit the stalk it should just need programming. My friend has a very similar B7 model with the multifunction steering wheel he left his into the dealers for the retro fit his electronic pack also ended in Q they told him this was not compatible he had to fork out more money for the R version can any one shed light on this for me I cannot programme this myself so it will have to go to the dealers are they going to give me the same grief?
    No2 If I had to fit the new R package does this come totally blank will I be able to drive my car to the dealers to get it programmed or will I have no indicator lights washers etc and a load of ESP fault lights and steering head angle faults showing in the memory?

Anyone in Co.Antrim playing with VAGCOM who has programmed one of these before?

Thanks for the help

0 0 0

5. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1, The 'Q' version is perfectly suited for your job, I just fitted one in. The difference between the Q and R is that the R has the addition for the heated steering wheel that's all.

2, N/A as you'll not be changing the control unit

I suspect the Dealers wouldn't make enough money on just programming the unit, are ill educated or just plain scamming your friend. Tell him to go back demand they give him a refund on the unnecessary purchase of the unit.
    Last edited by Sarge786; 17-07-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Audi A4 2.0 TFSi DTM, Quattro, 2006, 220 BHP, Sprint Blue, Multi Spoke Alloys, Light pack, Bi-Directional Xenons, Auto Wipers, Recaro/Electric/Leather/Alcantara/Heated/Memory Seats, Under seat storage, Carbon Fibre spoilers, Carbon Fibre trim inserts, RNS-E Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone Prep, SDS, FBMFSW, .....

0 0 0

6. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help

0 0 0

7. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Klenix im based in antrim too ! Hopefully picking my A4 (B7) up next week and would be interested in doing this to my car. So if your fitting it to one maybe you can give me some pointers !

I also used another site for a vw i had and i know someone in antrim that has the vag com so ill check and see if i still have his details.

0 0 0

8. Lightbulb Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Guys does anyone know the part number for audi A4 or A4 Convertible 2005 steering wheel lower column with cruise control?
    Audi has a back order and I want to find out what the part number is to see if I can find it anywhere else.
    Otherwise I will have to improvise and cut the current one to accommodate the cruise control...

Colour is Indigo if anyone has one!

0 0 0

9. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Yemiboy I just cut my existing cowl it is of no use anyway so if it all goes wrong it won't really matter there is a very faint line inside the casing to follow. Having said that it took longer to cut it neatly than to fit the entire stalk.

0 0 0

10. Thumbs up Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your prompt reply Kleinxv, what did you use to cut it? I was thinking of buying a circle cutter drill bits?
    I suspect it will take longer to cut because it is a hard plastic, I notice there is a line in the inside to follow, do you have pictures of the one you cut?

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast