Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• Mulliner Bespoke Commissioning: Bentayga Space Edition

• Bentley Orlando commissions a space-themed Bentayga Speed
    • Cypress exterior accented with Orange Flame
    • Interior theme includes Galaxy stone fascias and waistrails blending seamlessly with a unique fluted interior
    • Orange micro-piping matches exterior highlights
    • Naim for Bentley speaker grilles finished in satin black
    • Individual personalisation requests double in first quarter of 2022
    • Mulliner Design team complete 100 requests this year so far

Bentley Orlando has used Mulliner’s extensive capability to produce a bespoke space-themed Bentayga Speed for one of its customers. Using feature content from Mulliner’s personal commissioning guide and a number of bespoke elements, the resulting Bentayga Speed is a stunning individual example of the craftsmanship associated with Mulliner.

The exterior paint shade of Cypress is famously familiar from the launch of the first generation Continental GT in 2003. The dark metallic grey with subtle green undertones creates a dark, stone-like exterior, with visual presence increased by the use of Blackline Specification – replacing all exterior brightware with gloss black version. Orange Flame accents to the gloss carbon fibre Styling Specification take inspiration from comet dust trails racing across the night sky, and add a bright contrast to the Cypress paintwork. The combination provides a
    unique backdrop for the bespoke interior.

Inside the beautifully crafted cabin, the first individual feature visible when opening the doors are the illuminated treadplates depicting planets orbiting a solar system. The eye is quickly drawn to the Orange bezels surrounding the Galaxy Stone fascias set into the dashboard and mirrored on the door waistrails. The smooth bright surfaces contrast the dark grey tactile stone emphasising the highly bespoke nature of this customer commission.

The cabin is trimmed in Beluga and Porpoise, providing a dark, night-sky-esque backdrop for the accents of colour. Unique satin black speaker grilles, of the class leading ‘Naim for Bentley’ sound system, discreetly hide in the shadows, with the Naim centre badges illuminated like stars in the night. The unique and bespoke fluting in the door recesses can also be seen emanating from the bright orange Bentley seat emblem towards the outer edges of the shoulder area. Orange micro piping trails the seat edges and encircles the floor-mats.

The largest splashes of Orange can be found nearest the driver, like solar eruptions. The centre spoke of the steering wheel and gear lever are the brightest areas within the interior, both trimmed in beautiful contrast hide.
    Joseph Wierda, Bentley Orlando General Manager, comments:

“The Space Coast in central Florida has long been established as the world’s gateway to explore the universe above, so space travel and exploration were the perfect themes to inspire this unique car. Just as space is limitless, the opportunities for customisation with the Mulliner design team were only limited by our collective imagination.”

Bentley’s in-house bespoke and personalisation division – Mulliner - has already completed 100 unique design requests for 2022, a doubling of demand in comparison to the previous year. 2021 saw the success of the dedicated Mulliner Design team as they completed their 1000th bespoke commission since inception seven years ago. The extensive portfolio includes coachbuilt cars, Blowers, limited editions and an incredible array of individual customer projects.

The pace of growth has increased at the start of 2022, with continuing demand of individual personalisation of Bentleys across the model range.

Paul Dickinson, Head of Mulliner Commercial, comments:

“The rise in popularity of our bespoke commissioning service is testament to the skills of both our Mulliner Design team and the craftspeople working tirelessly to deliver any request. Our Personal Commissioning Guide is the launch pad for so many customer journeys, and this space-themed Bentayga Speed is a stunning example of what’s possible.”

‘Rocket-like’ Performance

The Bentayga Speed takes the Bentayga’s extraordinary abilities to new levels, utilising the 6.0-litre W12 twin-turbocharged engine that delivers peak power of 635 PS (626 bhp). Effortless acceleration is always guaranteed thanks to 900 Nm (664 lb.ft) of torque, available as a plateau from 1,500 rpm to 5,000 rpm.

With exceptional performance, comfort and handling, maximum speed is 190 mph (306 km/h), while the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint is delivered in 3.9 seconds.

To use this power with ease the Bentayga Speed is equipped with four on-road Drive Dynamics modes: Comfort at one extreme, Sport at the other and with Bentley mode – the balanced recommendation of Bentley’s chassis team in Crewe – alongside a Custom mode for customers who opt to create their own driving set-up.

Uniquely, the Sport mode has been calibrated to enhance response from the W12 engine and the eight-speed automatic transmission, together with the air suspension system and Bentley Dynamic Ride. The effect is a more dynamic and engaging drive.

Bentley Dynamic Ride is the world’s first electric active roll control technology that utilises an unrivalled 48V system. This system instantly counteracts lateral rolling forces when cornering and ensures maximum tyre contact to deliver class-leading cabin stability, ride comfort and exceptional handling. Recalibration of Bentley’s Torque Vectoring by Brake system – whereby the car lightly brakes the inside rear wheel at corner entry to sharpen the front axle turn-in – has made Bentayga Speed even more responsive to drive.

The Bentayga Speed’s optional carbon ceramic brakes are the largest and most powerful brakes available from Bentley, with a maximum braking torque of 6,000 Nm and engineered to withstand temperatures up to 1,000 °C. They also provide a weight saving of more than 20 kg over iron brakes.

Bentayga’s Successful Launch

The first generation Bentayga was launched in 2016 with customer deliveries soon after. Since then, the Bentayga has defined the luxury SUV sector. Over this time Bentley has introduced three further powertains and in 2020 the second generation was revealed.

By the start of 2022 approximately 28,500 Bentaygas have now been produced. The Bentayga remains Bentley’s best-selling model, and has expanded the luxury SUV sector exactly as the Continental GT did, when launched in 2004. For the Bentayga, maybe the sky is not the limit.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Mulliner Bespoke Commissioning: Bentayga Space Edition started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Recent Forum Posts

brycie-bitdi

Worrying fault codes & MIL light on

Hi all,

Hoping for some advice from you knowledgeable gents about my June 16 Audi A6 C7.5 3.0 BiTDI (320) Avant.

The MIL light

brycie-bitdi Today, 04:12 AM Go to last post
    brycie-bitdi

Glad to be back

Good evening/morning all,

was a long time member of the forum previously with my old A6 C6 model. Hope to get back into things again &

brycie-bitdi Today, 03:50 AM Go to last post
    northeao

Re: What battery should I get?

Hi there, If you don't mind me asking, which battery did you end up replacing your old battery with as I have the identical battery as your old one and

northeao Yesterday, 09:34 PM Go to last post
    2008tdihighline

Re: Rear knocking it's **** off

I read some much about people opting for these as a decent replacement but after maybe 2k miles covered they began knocking! I thought it can't be the

2008tdihighline Yesterday, 08:58 PM Go to last post
    Papereyes

Oil dipstick

Hi all

So I've been having the max oil warning light pop up on my dashboard and wanted to drain some oil away. I was looking online and

Papereyes Yesterday, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    Heppi021

Unknown Issue.

I have the following issue with my Audi A4 B8.5 2012 2.0 TDI Quattro 177 HP :

"Steering Lock : Contact Workshop" : It randomly

Heppi021 Yesterday, 05:40 PM Go to last post
    Heppi021

Re: Steering Lock : Contact Workshop.

Still could not get a VCDS scan, because I do not have the software. The car does not start anymore only if my foot is on the clutch and push in the key

Heppi021 Yesterday, 05:20 PM Go to last post
    armandunkn

Re: High Beam assist for C7.5 Allroad Facelift with MATRIX

I do have the camera above the rain sensor but not the one below the mirror as in this attached pic. However, I for sure do have matrix as I have seen

armandunkn Yesterday, 09:39 AM Go to last post
    futtret

Re: A3 2.0L TDI Maintenance Thread

So that's the heating matrix replaced, the timing belt & water pump, and G12 Evo coolant used. Oh and some other exhaust system sensor 2 or something,

futtret 27-03-2024, 09:35 PM Go to last post
    MFGF

My 2016 A6 Facelift had Matrix headlights, and AutoScan in VCDS didn't detect a Module 20 on mine. If it helps, this is a scan of the car from while I

MFGF 27-03-2024, 07:21 PM Go to last post
    c..corgill

D o m

anyone know where or should is the date of manufacture be on a bosch car battery.
    dont want to buy one over 3 mths old.

c..corgill 27-03-2024, 05:45 PM Go to last post
    r.vaneck

Re: Hi to all

Welcome to this forum .. I've been a fan and supporter of the Audi V6 TDI's and the A6 in particular since 2003, so if there is any problem, let me know!

r.vaneck 27-03-2024, 01:05 PM Go to last post
    Kayte

Unknown fault 9632 reductant level sensor

Hi
    We have a VW Sharan S TDi (2011 diesel)
    Be very grateful for any advice in tracing a possible fault that our VW garage can’t identify.

Kayte 27-03-2024, 10:05 AM Go to last post
    Johnny31

You cannot have adaptive/matrix headlights without a camera.
    So, what do you have? Post a pic.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Johnny31 27-03-2024, 08:21 AM Go to last post
    Badyns

Hi to all

Hi to all. I've just purchased an A6 2009 3lt TDI Allroad, so I am looking forward to some forum interaction with knowledgeable chaps while sorting out

Badyns 27-03-2024, 08:14 AM Go to last post

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -