Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• Volkswagen ID.4 range expands with addition of 52 kWh battery, two new motors and an entry-level model eligible for the Plug-in Vehicle Grant

• ‘Pure’ and ‘Pure Performance’ battery and motor options now available
    • New powertrains available in City or Style trim levels
    • Entry-level ID.4 City Pure is eligible for PIVG, starting from £32,150 OTR

The Volkswagen ID.4 range has grown further, with City and Style variants of the 2021 World Car of the Year rolling out to UK customers. Both models bring the option of ‘Pure’ and ‘Pure Performance’ battery and motor specifications, with the former delivering 52 kWh and 148 PS, and the latter having 170 PS on tap, with the same 52 kWh net battery capacity setup. The new City also represents the new entry-point into the ID.4 range, and qualifies for the PIVG, which brings the car’s OTR price down to £32,150 (RRP).

In addition to the four ‘Pro Performance’ specifications already offered on the ID.4 (1ST Edition, Life, Family and Max), the ID.4 is now offered with ‘Pure’ and ‘Pure Performance’ battery and powertrain options, with ‘Pure’ versions providing 148 PS and 220 Nm of torque, while the ‘Pure Performance’ delivers 170 PS and 310 Nm of torque. Both of these feature a battery pack with 52 kWh (net capacity), which enables up to 213 miles of range across both City specifications, and up to 211 miles in Style variants (all WLTP, combined).

These latest trims fit below the existing ones in the ID.4 line-up, with the City Pure having the additional bonus of being eligible for the Government’s Plug-in Vehicle Grant, thus starting at an eye-catching £32,150 OTR (with PIVG deducted). The City Pure Performance is priced at £36,030, the Style Pure at £38,150 and the Style Pure Performance at £39,530 (all OTR, recommended prices). Beyond those are the ID.4 Life, Family and Max models, with the 204 PS and 77 kWh ‘Pro Performance’ powertrain.

The ID.4 ‘Pure’ and ‘Pure Performance’ specifications can both add up to 137 miles of range from a 100 kW rapid charger in 30 minutes, while a 7.2 kW home charger takes around 7 hours and 30 minutes to take the battery from 0 to 100%. Charging to 80% from a DC, CCS charge point takes 38 minutes.

The ID.4 City, as the entry-level model in the ID.4 line-up, sets the pace for the equipment offered across the electric SUV’s range, with standard-fit features including LED headlights and tail lights, 10-colour ambient lighting throughout the car’s interior – which complements Volkswagen’s ID. Light communication interface – and a 10-inch Discover Navigation Pro infotainment system. Driver assistance systems for the entry-level ID.4 are a particular strength for the model, with Front Assist, Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control all fitted as standard, in addition to convenience-boosting assistance features like traffic sign recognition, a rain sensor and parking sensors front and rear.

The Style, as the design-focused trim positioned above the City, is marked out by its 18-inch Falun alloy wheels, IQ.Light LED matrix headlights with Dynamic Light Assist, a front LED light strip between each headlight and the front Volkswagen roundel, 3D-design LED tail lights with dynamic turn signal, and illuminated door handle recesses, while the car’s windows from the B-pillar backwards are tinted. Inside, the ID.4 Style gains a suite of comfort, convenience and practicality features, including 3-zone Climatronic climate control and a luggage net for the load area, while easy access is provided by a keyless locking and starting system. A rear-view camera is also standard-fit for the Style, as part of its Assistance Package.

The ID.4 City and Style, and the ‘Pure’ and ‘Pure Performance’ reflect the ID.3 in expanding the ID.4’s breadth of appeal, with the two new powertrain and battery options further diversifying the electric SUV’s expanding line-up, taking the number of separate variants of ID.4 currently on sale to eight, including the last few remaining ID.4 1ST Editions.

Sarah Cox, Head of Marketing at Volkswagen UK, said: “As our family of all-electric and net carbon-neutral ID. models grow, there’s a car suitable for most budgets and requirements. Hot off the heels of the ID.4 winning the World Car of the Year title we are delighted to launch the entry-level ID.4 City, which is eligible for the Government’s Plug-in Vehicle Grant – and that makes electric SUV ownership accessible to even more people.

“We aren’t finished adding to the ID.4 line-up either, because in the coming months the ID.4 GTX will open for order to UK customers. It will be our first fully-electric high performance model, with the ‘GTX’ badge representing a new sub-brand of sporty all-electric models that introduce all-wheel drive to the ID. range.”

ID.4 City and Style
    Model Price (OTR) 0-62 mph Top speed Range ( WLTP combined)
    City Pure
    (52 kWh, 148 PS)
    £32,150
    (£34,650 exc. PIVG)
    10.9 sec 99 mph 213 miles
    Style Pure
    (52 kWh, 148 PS)
    £38,150 10.9 sec 99 mph 211 miles
    City Pure Performance
    (52 kWh, 170 PS)
    £36,030 9.0 sec 99 mph 213 miles
    Style Pure Performance
    (52 kWh, 170 PS)
    £39,530 9.0 sec 99 mph 211 miles
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Volkswagen ID.4 range expands with addition of 52 kWh battery, two new motors and an entry-level model eligible for the Plug-in Vehicle Grant started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Recent Forum Posts

Crasher

Re: Clunky start up and other noises

Replacing the bottom cover opens a can of worms where the timing can slip if the correct tools are not used and the centre bolt of the pulley MUST be

Crasher Yesterday, 09:14 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: 2015 BiTDI Oil Change

Having the car at an angle means a significant amount of oil runs to the back of the sump, asking if you should change the filter makes me think you should

Crasher Yesterday, 09:07 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Touran intermittant battery drain and radiator fan running

I don’t think you would have enough height to drop and remove but I hate ramps anyway… had a few nasty experiences with them.

Crasher Yesterday, 09:05 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Dpf costs

Or have yours cleaned, DPF Clean Team will be able to help you in both respects.

Crasher Yesterday, 09:03 PM Go to last post
    Hair Bear

I guess then, domestic 'Halfords' type ramps won't be enough.

Hair Bear Yesterday, 08:13 PM Go to last post
    David_80

Re: Dpf costs

Sounds like I gotta buy a genuine or second hand 1 then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David_80 Yesterday, 07:48 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: New here, polo blue Gt question

The system has hardly altered in 20 years… a few years ago we did a 2003 Octavia with 18k and the original belt, which was still perfect. I try

Crasher Yesterday, 07:34 PM Go to last post
    k114l3d

Re: 2015 BiTDI Oil Change

Hi mate,

definitely need to change the oil filter. You can get em cheap from Euro Car Parts. I suggest changing the air filter to. For the

k114l3d Yesterday, 07:33 PM Go to last post
    Dstruct

What does vag Germany say then? As I barely drive it, only at 18k miles, surely at this rate I can go another few years? I don't really know how it works

Dstruct Yesterday, 06:55 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

That is the CZEA engine and the car was built 23-03-17 and it has a cam belt, the VAG UK theory is every five years so roughly April 2021 but VAG Germany

Crasher Yesterday, 06:36 PM Go to last post
    jay_wax

Re: Clunky start up and other noises

Got both top and bottom covers new from tps hopefully open it up next Saturday and see inside [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

jay_wax Yesterday, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    Dstruct

Hey Crasher, I think I've pm'd you my reg

It's the 1.4 150bhp engine that's all I know about it

Dstruct Yesterday, 05:31 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Golf GT PD170 (BMN) injectors values & timing question.

I can’t see those values but BMN injectors are notorious trouble, I can tell a BMN from a hundred feet away by the stench.

Crasher Yesterday, 05:11 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Added pumping? grinding? noise (video - a/c compressor?)

It is likely to be a the alternator one way clutch, the load from the compressor calms the movement but compressors do fail but are not daft money aftermarket;

Crasher Yesterday, 05:07 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

It comes out from below but needs to be quite high up.

Crasher Yesterday, 05:04 PM Go to last post

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -