PDA

View Full Version : Headlight bulb replacement

alistairvw71
28-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to change the headlight bulb in a Sharan 02 model. (drivers side at the moment but I am sure I will need to gain access to the other side soon)
The book tells me I need to take it to a main dealer! I can get access to see the back of the bulb just but looks impossible to get out.
Any help very welcome

Alistair

golf tdi 02
28-05-2007, 05:08 PM
not impossible just take your time and remember how the clip comes off
it will be much easier on the next side:confused: honest

flurk
23-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Actually, it is possible to do that. I've done both left and right sides, but it takes times. The finer your hands, the better.

You take off the shielding and try to take it out. This will give you more space. When replacing make sure the brackets at the bottom fit in again.

Take a good look how the bulb is placed in.

Disconnect the power from the buld, open the clip, replace bulb and try to close the clip again, This is the difficult part, connect again, test and put plastic shield on again and clip it.

You'll get very dirty hands and sore knuckles.

I wonder if there isn't an easier way by partly removing the entire lamp assymbly. not complete, but just enough to given you enough room to make the replacement more comfortably. On the left side the air filter is in the way, right the battery...

WelshBoa
16-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I am having problems getting the metal spring clip off on both sides which would then release the black plastic casing.

In the manual it states to fold down the spring clip and then pull up. I have done this type of clip on other models but these are not budging at all.

Very odd - any ideas on getting that metal clip off?

dazmac
01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
I carefully used a screwdriver to lever it off up the way. I'd imagine VW use some sort of fancy puller tool? They can be tight, other times fingers work. I just replaced the N/S one today.