PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Location of Parking Sensor Control Box in Audi A4 Avant 2005

Adam Ravat
19-01-2010, 10:32 PM
HI,

Hope someone can help. :1zhelp:

Recently my Audi A4 experienced electrical problems. When I say electrical problems I mean the car just went berzerk for example when I took the ignition keys out the lights came on randomly, warning lights came up on the display, there was a constant beeping sound etc....i ended up taking the battery out and shutting the car manually.

So I had no choice but to take it to the Audi dealers.

Audi found the problem stating there was a water leak around the parking sensors control box and that this was causing the electrical problem. They gave me two options 1) Pay £700 to replace + extra to find the leak + £130 for finding the fault or 2) Pay £130 to turn off the parking sensors plus a £130 for finding the fault ....well I had no choice I went for option 2 and switched off the parking sensor and thought I would deal with it later.

I did ask the kind man where the Parking Sensor CPU/ECU box was and he said it was at the back and on the passenger side. However he was'nt specific enough.

So to cut a long story short...does anyone know exactly where this Parking Sensor Control Box is so that 1) I can find the leak myself and 2) See if I can get the parking sensors fixed or replaced.

Any help on this would help, I have a Audi A4 Avant (year 2005) if it helps. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

a8 tech
19-01-2010, 10:38 PM
nsr luggage compartment behind the trim near the rear light unit7759

randall977
19-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Oooh look at my picture! Not much help but you can see what the module looks like!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3446/3938677508_2cb7016b02_o.jpg

Adam Ravat
19-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I was'nt expecting a response this quick, thank you both for responding with such great speed.

From looking at the picture I can't see how the Audi Dealers are saying a leak would have got to the module, but I will just have to open it up and see for myself.

MFGF
20-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Does the washer fluid pipe for the rear wash wipe pass through or above this area? It may be that the pipe has broken or a joint has popped off?

MF.

Adam Ravat
20-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I have had problems with the washer pipe about a year ago when it popped out.

However where the washer pipe popped out is located on the hatch and where the pictures is showing the controller box is the left hand side of the car (which is know where near this pipe...so not sure how the water would travel from the hatch to the controller box. I guess without opening it up and getting to the controller box I will not know the answer.

But your probably right it must be connected