PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - Screen washer bottle top up indicator.

RBF
10-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Wondering firstly what quantity the screenwash bottle holds? (2003 Passat B5.5 Estate 1.9 TDi if it makes a difference!) Then secondly, at what level does it trigger the screen wash top up warning light?

I filled mine up to the brim and a few days later it came up screenwash empty, whilst for most of those few days my front jets were frozen solid!

Couldn't tell if there was a leak somewhere, (my rear wash/wipe functions fine and my fronts were frozen) but when I went to top it up, I only put about 2 - 2.5 litres into the bottle.

Thanks in advance.

kenney
10-01-2010, 02:50 PM
The container holds roughly 4lt,some screen wash liquids.do activate the sensor,replace the liquid with another type

STEWY L
10-01-2010, 02:52 PM
from what i understand, the diesels are 3 ltr capacity,whilst the petrol version is 5.5ltr.
the difference being due to the location of the diesel fuel filter.
so,it sounds about right to get the warning at 2.5 ltr,
regards,
stewy.

vwbolton
11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Can anyone help as my washer bottle seems to be leaking, it empties very quickly and the warning light comes on. Is it possible to get to the bottle from the top or do you have to go under the car if a tube has become disconnected ? I can see water dripping underneath the engine, wonderer if going through fairly deep snow could have "pulled" the hose from the bottle???? :confused:

Thanks in advance.