PDA

View Full Version : Heater blower/climate control

1.8tgav
30-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi everybody, Iwas hopin my 2nd post would'nt be regarding a fault but it has to be. My blower motor doesn't work. All the climate control motors sound like they're moving correctly, just no breeze is felt from the vents. Any ideas???:1zhelp:

stua4
14-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Search for the user Clarkus and look at his post on the subject. Basically the blower has gone more than likely. You have 3 options;

Buy a new motor (about 200 for an A4 b6 with climate, but others are cheaper)
Buy new brushes and replace (pretty easy)
Flip the brushes 108 degrees to give you a little extra life (I am doing that this morning on mine!)

Hope this helps

evobaz
15-11-2009, 12:56 AM
anyone know what size theses brushes are?

there are some on ebay for A4's and Passats - are these the same?

1.8tgav
15-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi guys, the beast lives!! I think, because the car gas been sitting for so long (12 months) things need a while to get going again. All I did was remove the motor, spin the fan and hey presto!? This morning I've gotta go out and fix the central locking pump and give her a good service ;)

edgey54
16-12-2009, 01:49 PM
a3 mines the same go over a bump it goes off ,over abump on ect how much to fix/replace and do i take out the dash/middle:zx11: yep audi good but i wount pay audi garage price:D

1.8tgav
16-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Edgey, its a peice of p**s to get at. Just take out the glove box (about 4 torx screws iirc) and there it is. You prob just got a loose connection bud :beerchug:

evobaz
16-12-2009, 04:32 PM
or posssibly worn brushes:D

A FREE
15-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Can someone please piont me in the right direction in regards to replacing the brushes. Where can i source parts & how do carry out the repair ?

What i'm asking for is a bit of a DIY :beerchug:

evobaz
15-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Parts are available from the link below and i'll dig out some info on how to do it and post it later on (busy just now)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200461569801&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

evobaz
15-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Right here we go:

Prise out light unit within glovebox and unplug wiring.

Remove 7 screws that hold in the glove box assembly and pull out glovebox.

Slacken off the 10mm bolts that hold the left hand side bracket for the passenger airbag. This bracket needs moved slightly or removed altogether to allow access into the blower motor.

Unplug two spade connectors from the blower motor . Remove shiny Phillips screws (X3) and lift out fan assembly. Masses of room. The fan is installed at the factory with a mastic type sealant so once you have the 3 screws out it may need a good pull.

On the outside of the motor you'll see 3 black rubber lugs/stoppers. Press each of the three rubber 'lugs' down in turn and pull motor out slightly at each one.

This allows the 2 parts of the blower assembly to be pulled apart.

You'll then see 2 small metal clips. Behind each clip is a spring and a brush. Carefully remove each clip and make sure you catch the spring. Then pull the brush out.

Unsolder wires and remove.

Fit brushes and solder wire braid into place.

Refit in the reverse order;)

A FREE
17-04-2010, 02:21 AM
Thankyou for the reply, i have ordered a set & will have a crack at installing them!

evobaz
17-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Thankyou for the reply, i have ordered a set & will have a crack at installing them!

You've got email;)