PDA

View Full Version : Please Help s3 arb`s clonking

gumball b
28-09-2009, 12:34 PM
hi all my s3 is starting to clonk over bumps .i no its the arb`s but was quoted 800 pound from audi front and rear does anyone out there no of a cheaper option and a good garage to get this work done many thanks gumball b.:beerchug:

Al_UK
01-10-2009, 03:46 PM
They aren't too dificult to do (I did mine on axle stands) so any decent garage will be able to do them for you. The front subframe needs removing on the Quattro though, make sure this is put back on properly or you'll run into wheel alignment problems. £800 is a complete pi$s take. Forget dealers, they are only interested in your money.

gumball b
05-10-2009, 09:39 AM
They aren't too dificult to do (I did mine on axle stands) so any decent garage will be able to do them for you. The front subframe needs removing on the Quattro though, make sure this is put back on properly or you'll run into wheel alignment problems. £800 is a complete pi$s take. Forget dealers, they are only interested in your money.

cheers for that i thought about doing it myself but dont feel to confident about dropping the subframe and i will find a decent garage now without getting mugged of. ta for the headsup though...gumball b .....