PDA

View Full Version : flat A6

hyper-queen
21-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Just bought an A6 2 litre Diesel but seems a bit flat on pick up!! Is this a problem on these cars if so how can I sort it? Thank you. Its on an 05 plate if that helps. Tried new air flow metre but no change.

Peter D
21-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Do not throw money at it without having at least a diag code read first. You need to better describe the problem and also tell us the engine code and where you bought the car from. Regards Peter

hyper-queen
21-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Soz - newby you see!!! When pulling away from juction just seems to have no accelleration. Winds up very well though problem just seems to be from pulling away. Had a diag on it and no fault codes showing. Car bought from a Company in Northampton with fdsh. Fab to drive but just seems slow to pull away.

Peter D
21-08-2009, 04:08 PM
This could be an EGR valve, a throttle body, or a turbo vacuum leak issue. Can you take it back to the supplier for them to fix under warrantee. The 2L engine is not known to be flat from take off. Regards Peter

acabucca
21-08-2009, 11:49 PM
i've got 07 2l and it's the same, I got from audi dealer and took it in for them to look at. I also drove 2 others. They were all like it.

Slowly getting used to it but may look at remap.

Would be interested to know if anyone else experiences or has had remap for this reason?

JimC64
22-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Guys, I have the 2.0 tdi A6 too.
Yes...its very flat from pickup, almost dangerously slow from junctions etc, especially compared to my old Mondeo, Saab 93 , even the vectra from years ago.
I love the car but was soo disappointed with it from pick up I had no alternative but to get the remap done.
Std on the 2.0 is 140bhp and the remap can take it to 176 bhp with plenty more torques too:approve:
I got mine done by Audi to keep the warranty intact but cost £900.......I suggest you could get it done elsewhere for around £400.
Please trust me when I tell you it'll be the best £400 you EVER spend. The take is is sooo different and much more pull in all gears. The upside is if you do any mileage that the fuel economy actually improves by approx 10% - 15% so significant miles will actually mean it pays for itself.

Do yourself a favour - DO IT

Jim

james medley
22-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I have an Audi A6 2.0l diesel, multitronic 2008 reg. 140bhp DPF.
Same problem starting away from junctions but I put most of the problem down to the auto box, however due to poor fuel economy and less than hot performance, I took it to Wayside Audi, who have an "inhouse" performance Company, Richter Sport. They will do a remap together with an insurance policy covering you for £10K in case of any warranty issues.
The performanceimprovement is marked, however I have not had time to check MPG which at best before was 38mpg going steady on a run, of motorway and main roads. Richter at Wayside Bletchley officially charge £400 all in but you can negotiate down to £350. I would have definately gone to one of this site sponsors for a remap but I am still U/G. The quoted spec. is similar at about 30bhp increase.

JimC64
24-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Got my A6 back today with the following work completed under warranty -

1) Removed and replaced the injector seals
2) Cleaned and re-adapted egr valve and carried out software upgrade
3) Replced n/s intercooler

At present ( early days ) the car seems much livelier and better from take off with no sign of the hesitation I mentioned earlier and in other posts. I'll have to wait some time to see if the non / cold start issue has been resolved yet!

Any updates and I'll post them up

Jim

hyper-queen
26-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi guys - booked my car into local Audi dealership today and they said problem is due to EGR valve - picking it up later (done under warranty) hopefully it will be ok!!!! Problems with fuel gauge now tho as put some diesel in last night to top up before it went in to Audi and didnt register on gauge and only put 20 miles on dash count down - so Audi looking at that too - no news yet tho. What next eh?:aargh4:

JimC64
27-08-2009, 03:44 AM
I feel your pain, as much as I love my Car, god I've had some amount of problems with it:confused:

hyper-queen
28-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Well Audi dealership still got my car after 3 days and still dont know what it is!!! They think it may be turbo but not 100% sure so having to wait for further info....only driven car twice, being done under warranty but really fed up now think it will be going back to dealers:mad::zx11:

peterboroughmat
30-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Hyper good to see someone else from Peterborough here.

Got the same prob with my A4, Mass Air Flow replaced, egr done 2 months ago and changed again this week under warrenty but still the problem is there.
Next stop im afraid is injectors :mad:

Matt

sr-performance
30-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi, I do find with the auto/tip models that everyone I have mapped whether it be audi/bmw/ford, all complain of poor response at low rpm and hesitation when you've actually put your foot down. A remap does transform them...:beerchug: