PDA

View Full Version : Clay "stuff" run out. What to replace with?

mk4gtiturbo
15-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I have had a clay bar that I got as a kit, it's made by Swissol and the "juice" is now empty. It's called "Quick Finish Surface Cleaner" and it lubricates the clay on the paintwork. What can I get as a substitute for it? Seen Megs quick detailer in *********, is this similar stuff?

Plife
16-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Any sort of quick detailer will be fine. Personally use Megs Last Touch - after washing and rinsing don't dry the car so less lube is required!

elitedetailer
18-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I have had a clay bar that I got as a kit, it's made by Swissol and the "juice" is now empty. It's called "Quick Finish Surface Cleaner" and it lubricates the clay on the paintwork. What can I get as a substitute for it? Seen Megs quick detailer in *********, is this similar stuff?

Hi

You can make your own lube. Use a capful of shampoo and fill the rest of your spray bottle with water.

If you would prefer to buy some then something like this is ideal and will last you ages: Meguiars Last Touch (Drying Aid/Clay lube) (http://www.elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hcat_catalogue.cgi?fa=display&id=53&crid=&cmrid=1&cmpid=2)

Regards
EliteDetailer :beerchug:

curiousgeorge
23-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I found the best and quickest way is to apply clean wash water to the bodywork using a was mitt. I wouldn't bother with a spray, you'll be there forever.

KRIME
24-07-2009, 09:42 PM
This week i discovered a manufacturer from USA with good prices for this kind of detailing products, and it works with good results, the name SONUS (i don't know if all of you know this). it can be a solution.

rallymad_nad
26-08-2009, 09:31 AM
If you use Bilthamber clay its fine to use with water. If you use it a lot, like I do, it saves a lot of money. I used to go through QD like there was no tomorrow.