PDA

View Full Version : Cabrio roof

Corb2000
24-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I know this question has been asked before but reckon products and experience change over time so worth asking again...

My 2002 cabrio's black hood is looking patchy after some intense cleaning, what would you recommend to give a nice even intense black and then keep it that way?

Also has anyone got any views on the different application methods, eg spray, sponge or brush? I reckon if you spray then it's best to mask the surrounding trim and bodywork but still worry about overspray as it's b****y windy where I live!

Thanks all

JIGGY C
27-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I know this question has been asked before but reckon products and experience change over time so worth asking again...

My 2002 cabrio's black hood is looking patchy after some intense cleaning, what would you recommend to give a nice even intense black and then keep it that way?

Also has anyone got any views on the different application methods, eg spray, sponge or brush? I reckon if you spray then it's best to mask the surrounding trim and bodywork but still worry about overspray as it's b****y windy where I live!

Thanks all

Evening, I used the Autoglym roof cleaning application kit (£20-25), available at Halfords and similar - to be honest, for the money, it was brilliant and definately gave it a new lease of life.

davelincs
26-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Just a quick question to all the detailers on the forum, does a cabrio roof need waterproofing on a regular basis
if so what is the best waterproofer, cleaner to use on the roof
thanks for any replys
dave

elitedetailer
28-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi

For general cleaning and care the 303 Fabric Kit (http://elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hcat_catalogue.cgi?fa=display&id=116&crid=&cmrid=1&cmpid=2) and the Autoglym Cabrio Kit (http://elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hcat_catalogue.cgi?fa=display&id=154&crid=&cmrid=1&cmpid=2) is fine.

The occasional use of the sealant will also be good for the roof.

Regards
EliteDetailer :beerchug:

davelincs
28-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks for that elitedetailer, think i will go for the 303

rallymad_nad
26-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I've used a variety of kits. If its faded, I think the Renevo wins hands down. If its care you are after and protection I would use the Gtechniq fabric guard. Far outlasts anything else.