PDA

View Full Version : Touran Seat Shake....

Apoc
19-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi all.

Picked up my new Touran 2.0 DSG on Friday and love it already. Came fitted with DVD Sat nav as they have upgraded since I placed my order etc etc.

But one wierd thing I have noted, the middle seat of the 2nd row seats (its a 7 seater version so 3 rows) shakes like hell when driving. It sits there smack bang in the middle of my rear view mirror shaking like a jelly. It makes no noise, and appears to be locked down firmly, but the backrest part seems to have enough side to side movement that under normal dirving conditions it wobbles quite noticeably.

Is this just me being oversensitive because its a new car - or are there any other Touran owners out there that have noticed that (or indeed do not have the problem).

Thanks

Paul :beerchug:

michael
28-09-2005, 05:50 PM
are you certain its the seat ,i have rattle when seat belts need turning ,thus stopping rattle ,but get no rattles from seats at all :beerchug:

Apoc
01-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the reply Michael.

But no - I know about the seat belt rattle problem when my kids are not in the car, this is howvere not a noise problem, but purely visual, it makes no sound but wobbles away in my rear view mirror soundlessly, though no less annoying for it. :(

michael
01-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the reply Michael.

But no - I know about the seat belt rattle problem when my kids are not in the car, this is howvere not a noise problem, but purely visual, it makes no sound but wobbles away in my rear view mirror soundlessly, though no less annoying for it. :(
will take out tomorrow for a look ,will get back to you :beerchug:

Hubert
01-08-2006, 06:24 AM
[quote=michael]will take out tomorrow for a look ,will get back to you :beerchug:If someone can help with a solution to this problem I would appreciate it as we have a number of vehicles in SA running around with this problem.