PDA

View Full Version : suspension 1.9TDI

scotdubnut
23-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi there

I have a 97 TDI currently fitted with coilovers... looks great but the ride is too crashy and bouncy :(

What would be recommended to improve the handling but still have a comfy ride.. (regulary do 800 mile round trips ....

dont want it super low or anything but still lower than normal 30 or 40mm drop from std would be good!

Any help appriciated as my back killing me and mrs not happy either!!!

Cheers

Andy

Crasher
23-07-2008, 01:25 PM
A 30-mm drop Vogtland Junior (comfortable) or Sport (slightly harder damping) kit with shortened front bump stops would work nicely. As it has a coil over kit there are quite a lot of parts you will need to buy that you would not normally need such as front and rear spring top plates, rear bump stops and dust shields and possibly some other minor items.

scotdubnut
24-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Cheers for the reply crasher :) Where would i get these and any idea how much :) budget kinda restricted due to wasting money on the coilies :(

Crasher
24-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Me, I am the UK importer.

The “Junior” kit is £210 and the “Sport” is £285. Our front “Comfort” kit would give you every single part you would need to do both sides for £100 and at the back you should only need top plates (£12 each), spring top rubbers (£3 each), bump stops (£20 a pair) and dust shields (£4 each).