PDA

View Full Version : Heated seats VCDS coding

SunnyBard
24-10-2023, 07:49 PM
Over a year ago "something happened" to the coding of my car, unfortunately I didn't notice the subtle little things until later ...

The HVAC module seemed to change from RestOfWorld settings to NorthAmericanRegion settings, this moved some of the aircon settings between driver and passenger side of the car, VCDS said the module was not coded, the coding string was nearly all zeroes, I eventually found my module scan from immediately after I bought the car and pasted back the old long coding value, this fixed the aircon problems.

Unfortunately two issues remain ...

the car no longer thinks it has heated seats, I tried a similar trick replacing the old coding of the BCM module, which in this case was only one digit different from what was stored. Unfortuntely this didn't restore the heated seats functionality.
All the dialogs on android auto appear on the wrong side of the display (not mirrored left to right, just things which should be on the driver's sideareon the passenger side and vice-versa)

Any thoughs on either issue? I guess I can live with the android issue, but winter's coming and I'd like my bum-warmers back.