PDA

View Full Version : A6 Le Mans Ltd edition

A6 Le Mans
02-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Dear all

I have returned to Audi after a break of 2.5 years and have just sold my Lexus Rx300 and have on order an A6 Avant Le Mans.

Now I am very excited about the arrival of my new car but am desperately seeking any information that may be available, as all the links I find say the same thing. (As per the bulletin on the home page).

One thing I am already a little anoyed about.....I ordered this car within a week of it's announcement by Audi and was originally told a delivery date of September, which has now already slipped to end of November / early December 2006. (The advert by Audi says delivery dates scheduled for September!)

If anyone has any more info on this vehicle I would be most grateful, as even the official Audi press info in the dealership for this car is wrong as it shows a picture of an A6 SE against the R10, when the A6 Le Mans edition is clearly based on an A6 S-Line.

Regards

A6 Le Mans:biglaugh:

stuart
02-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi

Just had a look on the Audi press website, but there is only the information I have already posted. No other pictures either :(

Stuart

A6 Le Mans
03-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Stuart

Many thanks for your welcome message and taking the time to look for more info. It is much appreciated.

There really is only the release you have posted which gives any information about this car.

I have asked my dealer if the car is likely to be badged in any particular fashion, but in the Audi tradition it is likely to remain understated and not advertise the fact it is a ltd edition......but they are not sure.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who may have ordered one of these as to what their delivery date is likely to be.

I bought a 225 Audi TT some years ago, and it that case as well, the delivery date slipped by months from what I had been advised by the dealer.

It is compounded now by the fact that I have sold my RX300 and now only have a mini to use for a family of three which includes an 18 month old daughter......my wife is less than pleased.

I think the A6 is a cracking car however and am waiting patiently fro my new 'baby' to arrive.

Regards

Mike

stuart
03-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi

No problem in me looking for more information.... That's what the site is for :)

I even have access to the German Press website, but that has nothing either.

I would tend to this that the car will be badged as "A6" plus the respective engine size, as per normal, it will just have the extras.

Not sure if it applies to Audi, but many years ago, when I worked at a VW dealers, these "limited editions" were for the UK market only, with some of the "extras" being fitted by the dealer. This could explain why I can find no mention, so far, of it on the German site.

Stuart

A6 Le Mans
03-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Stuart

Yeah, I think you're right, as the car will only be available in 1,000 RHD models only.

One thing I found interesting....had a walk round the dealers forecourt earlier today and I saw a brand new A6 3.0 TDi S-Line saloon. I noticed that Audi have now added a new 'lip' spoiler to the boot lid and have changed the colour of the instrument and MMI surround to a silver like colour, away from the grey-like plastic that was fitted prevously.

The surround is now more like that seen in the RS6.

I will endeavour to find more info and post it when I can.

Mike:Blush:

Billythefish
27-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi all

I to have ordered an A6 le mans Avant & have been searching the internet every day to try to get more info on what I've actualy bought! It's only in the last week that Audi have actualy advertise the fact that they are selling this model on there web site. This is the first mention of it anywhere since that july press release that got us all going. It does seem that we are just getting an S line with a buch of free extras. Not that I'm complaining £2000 worth of goodies for £115 can't be all bad. Also managed to get 9% of list at my local dealer after threatening to buy off the internet.

I don't have a delivery date yet either. I am also searching for pictures of the car every day to see if I can find a real life example. I gather from the postings here Audi have not yet delivered a Le mans edition to anyone? anyone no when the first one is expected?

The July the 16th press release also mentions unique colour schemes nothing of the nature was offered to me when I ordered my car how about you guys?

I am considering getting an ECU remap when I take delivery of the car. Has anyone had the 3 ltr 233 bhp done & if so what was the outcome & who did it?

A6 Le Mans
28-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Billy

I believe mine will be one of thefirst to be delivered and was told last week it has a build date of week 47. Therefore on the road in december.

Better late than never, but a bit of a let down considering the advertised delivery was in September.

Audi seem good at slipping delivery dates...it's happened to me twice now!

Regards

Billythefish
28-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks for that I am hoping they run the production of different models in block & my car gets slotted in on the same batch. Fingers crossed I will see my car this year too :confused: I was told November when I ordered just over a week ago!

Billythefish
29-09-2006, 04:15 PM
The spec for for the A6 Le mans edition is now in the A6 online brochure but does not tell us any more than we already know!
http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/a6/pdf.Par.0004.File.pdf#search=%22A6%20le%20mans%20e dition%20delivery%22

Billythefish
04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Just thought I'd share my good news. Today I got a delivery date for my car build week 50 delivery week 2 next year after being promised the car in November. I called the dealer to complain & explained that if they could not deliver eairlier I would cancel the car. They have now offered me their Le Mans demo with near identical spec even the same colour due for delivery in 2 weeks :D Very pleased

A6 Le Mans
20-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Billy

Thats great news. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and find out exactly when mine is due. From memory I ordered it on 26th July! The dealer had better not be getting a demonstator before mine turns up, because it was me who told them about the car in the first place....they had no idea, so my order went in with my dealer before they even started offering it to anyone else. I was also told that they are only being allocated three A6 Le Mans to sell of which mine is one. I guess this could change though if no one orders the car. It would be interesting to know how sales of this Ltd edition have gone so far...have they sold the lot or are there still vacancies on the list??

has anyone tried to order one and been turned away?

Regards

Mike

Billythefish
20-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi Mike

My dealer has sold 5 & made no mention of any limitation, they searched the audi network & found one other Le Mans that they could have offered me but the spec was very different to mine. It was red that's all i know I didn't enquire any futher as I was very happy with the demo they had ordered. the car is fantastic the ride is a little hard but that is to be expected. only extras I have are the comps pack 2 & the exon light. the MMI very sweet & so easy to use. Would post a picture but don't know how.

Away on buisness now so have left the car with the wife :confused:

Billythefish
20-10-2006, 04:33 PM
OK managed to upload a picture to my gallery if anyone wants to see what the Le mans looks like. The other picture is myself the wife & baby uploaded by mistake! There doesn't seems to be no option to remove, "it could have been worse!"

A6 Le Mans
27-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Billy, Great looking car and a nice family shot. If I ever get to see mine then I will most certainly be uploading some pics as well. I'll stick some pics of the family also, just so you don't feel so 'special'.

Regards

Mike

stuart
28-10-2006, 07:01 AM
OK managed to upload a picture to my gallery if anyone wants to see what the Le mans looks like. The other picture is myself the wife & baby uploaded by mistake! There doesn't seems to be no option to remove, "it could have been worse!"

Hi

If you go to the gallery, click on the relevent picture so it opens to the larger version, schroll down, just under the picture you will see a "admin options - edit photo" to delete the picture, click the tick box at the bottom;)

If you have any problems, let me know and I can remove it if required.

Stuart

Ps I agree, nice car and family;)

A6 Le Mans
06-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Dear all

For anyone who may be interested, was called by my dealer a couple of days ago and told my order has now gone confirmed with the factory.....about bl***y time too!

It is still showing a build of week 47 which is 20th November, however I am told that some builds have been coming forward by a week on the A6 line at the mo, but I won't hold my breath.

I am also told by the dealer that the build time is typically 1 week, and another week for vehicle to arrive at the dealer, which means delivery week starting 4th December followed by a 48 hour turnaround by the dealer.

So on the road for 6th December maybe??

I was toying with the idea now of letting the dealer keep it to register in 2007 so as to make it a 2007 model on the docs, but have been waiting for this car since last week of July and both myself and the better half have really had enough of trying to get around in cabs and a mini.

A6 Le Mans.

brido
24-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Glasgow Audi ( the biggest Audi garage in the world ..I'm told ) had an A6 Avant Le mans in their showroom 3 weeks ago... I sat in it....it is an S line with very discreet Le Mans badging...nice car !!!

http://www.glasgowaudi.com/

brido
24-09-2007, 02:53 PM
sorry guys....not paying attention...previous posts are almost a year old...new glasses required

tetstb
25-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I ordered mine last week from Edinburgh Audi and I am still waiting on a confirmed delivery date :-(