PDA

View Full Version : VCDS in the Glasgow area

Donmeister
23-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Is there anybody in the Glasow area with access to VCDS? I would really like to activate the boot closure from the key fob and the rev needle sweep on start up.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.

A6S
23-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Is this on a facelift?
I couldn't get the remote boot closure to work on mine. In fact quite a few of the tricks didn't work.

A6S
23-02-2016, 12:29 PM
My mate has vcds but he's in east fife so almost a couple of hours from Glasgow.

niall campbell
23-02-2016, 12:30 PM
I asked for this before in Glasgow area , with no luck

Is there anywhere or anyone in Scotland that does this ?

L3nnox
23-02-2016, 01:29 PM
I have access to a Ross Tech Cable but not this week. I could not get the boot closure to work either.

Donmeister
23-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Yes, its a 2016 BITDI avant.
cheers

L3nnox
23-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Well I've just ordered the same car so let meet up for a play!!! Lol. I will ask my mate for the cable and get back to you!!

Donmeister
23-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Sounds good.

PS Make sure you get a kufatec sound booster for your car, its just awesome - can't stop laughing when in dynamic mode - was at the petrol station tonight - it was busy - when I started it up in programme 5, just about every head turned in the forecourt. Programme 6 is just too loud for me however!

Scott K
23-02-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm down in Glasgow weekend of the 12th March round Kinning Park if that's any use. I come down occasionally so could probably make another time if more suitable.

Donmeister
23-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Hi Scott
Kind offer. The 12th would work for me as it stands at the moment.. Have you had any experience of the tail gate closure from the key on the FL A6?

L3nnox
23-02-2016, 11:17 PM
^ what he said!!! I tried it and there must be another setting as it did nothing, or it has and I'm not pressing the buttons correctly.

Scott K
23-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Not on the FL. did it on a 2014 car and it was a faff. The instructions didn't quite work but eventually got it by playing around and ticking various options. Thought we had it at one point but the luggage cover stopped working!

Duffy3074
24-02-2016, 01:14 AM
I have a pukka Rosstech cable and am in Dalgety Bay. Coding done in exchange for tins of beer!

:)

L3nnox
24-02-2016, 05:41 AM
Sounds good.

PS Make sure you get a kufatec sound booster for your car, its just awesome - can't stop laughing when in dynamic mode - was at the petrol station tonight - it was busy - when I started it up in programme 5, just about every head turned in the forecourt. Programme 6 is just too loud for me however!

Think I need to hear this!!! I'm in North Lanarkshire near the Fort, where are you?

This looks a great deal...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/261658482244

Donmeister
24-02-2016, 09:32 AM
East Kilbride for me. PM me if you want to hear it but trust me, you won't be disappointed with the sound. My wife thinks its a bit silly but she's not a petrolhead - my boys love it!

I got mine on ebay. Getting the panel out to access the wiring is tricky but the actual fitting is a doddle.

Have you got your new car yet?

Donmeister
24-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Duffy, have you tried the tail gate close with the key fob fix?

Duffy3074
24-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Sorry, no

Jackblack
24-02-2016, 10:13 PM
What key fob fix ? Or are you referring to cling the tailgate with the keyfob VCDS mod ?
Duffy, have you tried the tail gate close with the key fob fix?

L3nnox
24-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Number 16 on this list....

1. Enabling Gauge Test/Needle Sweep
This will sweep the needles of the speedo and rev counter through their full range automatically when you start the engine.
[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 1 and you'll see the selectable option: "Gauge Test/Needle Sweep active"
Check this option
[Do It!]

This produced expected results

2. Enabling Lap Timer
[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 1 and you'll see the selectable option: "Lap Timer active"
Check this option
[Do It!]

This made no apparent difference to the DIS options between the clocks. Maybe I just have to find the right sequence to get to it?
Edit 07-09-12. Although this doesn't work on my car, it does on some. The Lap Timer option appears in the DIS menu on page 2 when you press the * button on the steering wheel and scroll down. You may be luckier than me and find it works on your car?

3. Kerb lighting
Illuminating the kerb when turning hard left or right at low speeds with dipped beam on, by turning on the all-weather light on the relevant side of the car.
[Select]
[09-Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 4 and enable bit 0
[Do It!]

I have now (finally) tested this works as expected. I needed a dark night and a quiet corner

4. Beep on lock
Chirp the alarm siren briefly when the alarm activates (ie all doors are closed and the car is locked)
[Select]
[46-Central Conv.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 1 and in bit 2 you'll see the selectable option: "Anti-Theft-System: Horn Confirmation active"
Check this option
[Do It!]

This produced expected results

5. Hidden menu
Enable access to the green engineering menu in the MMI
[Select]
[5F - Information Electr.]
[Adaptation - 10]
Select Channel 6 and Read
change the value from 0 to 1 then Test then Save
Reboot the MMI (Press MENU, central MMI knob and top right softkey)
To get to the Hidden Menu, press and hold the CAR and MENU buttons for a few seconds. You may have to have a few attempts - if you don't press them at the exact same moment either CAR or MENU activates. You know if you have done it right because the red LEDs in the buttons do not illuminate.
WARNING!!!! BE CAREFUL!!! Do not mess with settings in the Hidden Menu unless you know what you are doing. On earlier MMI versions, people managed to activate the bootloader menu and fried their MMI. Use at your own risk. If in doubt, leave well alone!

This worked as expected.

6. Battery Meter.
Enter the Hidden Menu as in step 5 above.
Select Car
Select Carextdevicelist
Check "Battery"
Return
Select Carmenuoperation
Set "Battery" from 0 to 5
Return
Press CAR to exit the hidden menu
Reboot the MMI

Despite doing this, I could not find the battery meter displayed anywhere. I am a muppet though - it may be lurking in a menu I haven't found yet

7. VIM
Video In Motion - prevent the car from suppressing DVD playback once the speed of the car rises above 5mph
I used the same technique as in my C6 with MMI 3G. These are the steps I followed:
[Select]
[5F-Information Electr.]
[Advanced ID - 1A]
Make a note of the Serial Number
Go to Enable VIM TV-playback using VCDS/VAG-COM in your Audi MMI | trick77.com
Follow the link for MMI 3G
Enter your serial number into the input field
Make a note of the personal login code and the alternative login code it returns
[Security Access - 16]
Enter your personal login code.
[Do it!]
If you receive a "code not valid" message try the alternative code. If neither code works it's likely that your control module doesn't support VIM adaptation.
[Adaptation - 10]
Select channel 48
Press read
Set the value from 0 to 255
Press test
Press save
Press "Done, Go Back"
Close VCDS and reboot your MMI as detailed in step 5 above

This works as expected.

8. Passenger door mirror dip on selecting reverse.
When reverse gear is selected, the passenger door mirror dips to show the kerb if the mirror control knob is set to the passenger door mirror position. When driving forwards and exceeding 5mph or when switching off the car, the passenger mirror returns to its original position. If the position of the mirror is changed when dipped, this change is remembered the next time the mirror dips.
[Select]
[52 - Door Elect, Pass]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on Byte 4 (5th one along from the left)
Set Bit 2 to "on"
[Do It!]

Full details of this mod are lower down in the thread - it is a little disconcerting at the moment because VCDS has no information for the module and displays a warning when selecting Long Coding Helper. This works as expected

9. Disabling seatbelt reminder chimes.
Turn off the annoying "Bing bong" when you move the car on the driveway without your seatbelt fastened.
[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 0 and in bit 4 you'll see the selectable option: "Seat Belt Warning inactive"
Check this option
[Do It!]

Thanks to Mr Fish for finding and posting this up.

10. Disabling engine stop when opening driver's door.
Recode the Central Convenience module to STOP the engine from turning off when you get out, having moved the car.
[Select]
[46 - Central Conv.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on the red byte (below) and in the binary code you will see: 00000111
Change it to: 00001111
ie. with 1111 at the end not 111

Tab into the next bit box and you will see the code change to 0F (013F062220B90000832009042001040700000000000000000 00000000000 to 013B062220B90000832009042001040F000000000000000000 0000000000)
[close the long code helper]
[Do It!]

Thanks to Mr Fish for finding and posting this up.

11. Enabling the default distance setting in the MMI for Adaptive Cruise Control
Adding the option to modify the default distance for ACC (values 1 to 4) via the MMI
[Select]
[13 - Auto Distance Regulation]
[Adaptation - 10]
Select channel 07
Press read
Set the value from 0 to 1
Press test
Press save
Press "Done, Go Back"

In the MMI you should now be able to go to Car > Driver Assistance > Adaptive Cruise and see a new option there to set the adaptive cruise distance.

Thanks to M1tchy for finding and posting this up.

12. Modifying the High Beam Assist speed threshold
Changing the threshold speed at which High Beam Assist activates
[Select]
[20 - High Beam Assist]
[Adaptation - 10]
From the drop-down menu, select "High Beam Speed Threshold"
In the third entry box down on the left, enter the speed to set the threshold to in KM/h (eg 40)
Press save
Press "Done, Go Back"

Thanks to JK88 for finding this and to M1tchy for posting this up.

13. Enabling the Daytime Running Lights on/off setting in the MMI
Adding the option to turn off / turn on the DRLs via the MMI
[Select]
[09-Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 3 and enable bit 0 (Daytime running lights adjustable via MMI)
[Do It!]

Thanks to diecastsink for finding and posting this up.

14. Enabling tourist mode setting for headlights in the MMI
[Select]
[09-Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 4 and enable bit 6
[Do It!]

Thanks to diecastsink for finding and posting this up.

15. Enable auto handbrake when shift into P
[Select]
[53 - Parking Brake]
[Security Access - 16]
Code displayed to me was - 78713
[Adaption - 10]
[Select]
"Shift P to EPB"
Set to Activated
[Do It!]

Thanks to A6_Chris for finding and posting this up.

16. Close electric boot lid from key
[Select]
[46 - Cent Conv]
[Coding - 07]
Click on byte 2, bit 2
Tick Comfort operation: Remote control active
[Do It!]

[Select]
[4D - Trunk Elec]
[Security Access - 16]
Input 12345
[Adaption - 10]
Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key - Touch function for closing
Change to ACTIVE
[Do It!]

Thanks to M1tchy for finding this and to A6_Chris for posting this up.

17. Enable double disarm chirp
[Select]
[46 - Central Conv.]
[Adaption - 10]
Channel 63
Add 4
[Do It!]
(Prompt shows options for other settings)

Thanks to shaneypoopers for finding and posting this up.

18. Disable DRL dim on turn signal
[Select]
[09 - Central Elec.]
[Security Access - 16]
Code: 20113
[Adaption - 10]
Channel 3
Set between 5 and 100
[Do It!]
(I found 50 to be a good setting)

19. Parking brake release without seat belt on
[Select]
[53 - Parking Brake]
[Security Access - 16]
Code presented by program
[Adaption - 10]
Select from drop down menu
Change parameter
[Do It!]

20. Tail lights on with front DRLs
[Select]
[09-Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 2 and enable bit 7
[Do It!]

Thanks to Kaner for finding and posting this up.

21. Enable ripping from CD to MMI HDD
Select Main
Select Diagnose
Select Settings
Select Import_Multimedia
Check "Ripping"
Return

Reboot the MMI

Thanks to Kaner for finding and posting this up.

22. Enable "Make calls using" feature in cars before MY2013 that have been updated to MMI 0770
Select Main
Select Diagnose
Select Settings
Select tel_settings
Check "NAD operation mode"
Return

Reboot the MMI

After the reboot you will be prompted with the option to choose which device to use to make calls. Once you've selected which phone to use to make calls (mmi or mobile telephone) the system will advise a reboot is required which it will do itself.

NewQ
21-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Hi guys, recently registered member. I'm picking up my 2013Q5 next week and would be very interested in having some of the functions turned on or enabled. Would be more than happy to travel, I'm based in Glasgow but happy to travel within reasonable distance. Again happy to pay someone who knows what they're doing as I don't have a clue.

Micu
26-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Looking for someone with vcds in the Glasgow Falkirk area too that's got a taste for a few beers! Local garage couldn't put out my service lamp and just looking for a code sweep.
Is there anyone in the Falkirk Glasgow area that has this? None on the map?