PDA

View Full Version : Part Number needed please!!

LoubyLou
11-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Hi, I am trying to sort my rear N/S wheel bearing on my 2000 1.8TQS avant. So far I have been given 2 incorrect ones despite giving reg and vehicle details. Can anyone help with a part number please so I can make sure it's correct? Thank you xx

green A8
12-08-2015, 09:04 AM
It might help others give you the right answer if you post the incorrect part numbers or makes that you've been given so far, if you know them. Have you been dealing with Audi main agents or local motor factors? There are many variations on a theme,most if not all with different part nos. Some 'compatible parts' are anything but! As more than a few have found out over the years. Ebay sellers take a bow.

Sometimes the VIN and reg no can throw up false results. For example I have a B5 2.4 Quattro Avant Petrol Automatic. However the 'system' claims that my car is in fact a 2.5 TDi with a manual gearbox. It's the same for one of our A8 D2 cars. It has a 4.2 engine. the 'system' claims it's fitted with a 3.7. And, as we all know the 'system' is always right, It never ever gets anything wrong!

LoubyLou
12-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Sorry, I didn't think to write them down. (Am checking now) One was ordered by the garage, I got the next one from fast parts. Double and triple checked it was correct and it would be suitable for my car. Again assured yes, only to find it's not even close!! 😠 thanks for your time x

arman123
03-09-2015, 08:52 PM
whats the engine code

arman123
03-09-2015, 08:55 PM
oops just seen a thread your selling the car didn't:o look at the date you posted

LoubyLou
03-09-2015, 09:07 PM
AJL. Got the right part now. All fixed, will get the code and post for anyone else struggling

LoubyLou
03-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Its a reluctant sale, knee surgery forcing me to get an auto. Just wanted to make sure everything was fixed and in working order before putting her up for sale. Hopefully she will go to a good home!