PDA

View Full Version : Question So whats she worth.

HAWKS
08-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Hello.
I'm hoping to be changing cars very so to a TT.
I was hoping for your views on trade in price or private sale value.
Its a 2000 A4 2.5TDI Q. 163,000.3 owners, 18 rep rs4 wheels with new tyres,leather rs4 recaro interior,tow bar(only 400 miles towing a 16 ft van) well maintained.everything from the welcome card from Audi dealer to present day. Elec windowsx4,seats, air con.mot due July.passes every year no probs.
A real nice car to drive.
Any thoughts welcome.

spartacus 68
09-01-2015, 12:10 AM
There's a B5 quattro saloon V6 on Autotrader just now, 2000 registration, 180k miles, cloth interior, black (looks in good condition) and FSH. Only odd thing is ride height. Looks strangely high. They're asking £1,490.
Audi A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 4dr (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403272851036/sort/atcustom/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/usedcars/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/model/a4/transmission/manual/postcode/ab338ua/maximum-mileage/over_100000_miles/radius/1500/keywords/Quattro/make/audi?logcode=p)

The B6 seems to attract a premium price, especially in 1.9 quattro Avant guise. Prices can go up to £4k.

HAWKS
09-01-2015, 12:17 AM
I did see that one.I am surprised at the price.
Do you think that's a realistic price for a car in that trim an mileage?

spartacus 68
09-01-2015, 10:58 PM
I did see that one.I am surprised at the price.
Do you think that's a realistic price for a car in that trim an mileage?

No, I'm not surprised by the price. These are old cars now, but if we'll-maintained the old Audi oil burner still offers everything you'd expect from a V6. I have a keen interest in the price, as you can see from my signature I still run a 2001 B5 2.5 TDI quattro Avant sport.

What can you buy these days with a budget of £1,500 that untaps 300+Nm torque, runs like a locomotive on steroids, and goes round corners like it was on rails? The Avants swing it for me compared to a saloon, from a practicality and visual point of view.

I'm fairly traditional, so leather is nice, a sunroof I'd do time for... and clean bodywork is a must. Stick to your guns on price (not sure what your asking) and hopefully sell it to someone who'll maintain it.

green A8
09-01-2015, 11:32 PM
The B6 seems to attract a premium price, especially in 1.9 quattro Avant guise. Prices can go up to £4k.

One of the reasons that some of our family fleet of B5 1.9 TDi's have been replaced with B6 1.9 TDi's (All 130 sports FWD) is that the later models cost a few quid a year less to tax than the older B5 which has less power. I can't remember how much per car but there is a difference. We do have a couple of Quattro B6's as well. I'm not sure how much they cost to tax. Both B6 Q's have been in the workshop recently with leaking rear diff seals. Seems to be a common fault, easy enough to fix though.

The B6 seems to suffer more from corrosion to the front wheelarches and also the front subframe. I've got a B6 1.9 130 sport on the ramp now having a front subframe swap, The tinworms have eaten the subframe around the front mounting point. Worst rot I've ever seen on an Audi.

HAWKS
10-01-2015, 01:17 AM
I have to say mine knocks spots off the one on autotrader.
An it was on tv (antiques road trip) southport. It must be worth millions...
I just wanted a rough price for when i try an trade her in for poss TT.
I didnt want to be offered silly trade in peanuts.
Im still surprised at value.
Thanks for advice

spartacus 68
10-01-2015, 08:41 AM
One of the reasons that some of our family fleet of B5 1.9 TDi's have been replaced with B6 1.9 TDi's (All 130 sports FWD) is that the later models cost a few quid a year less to tax than the older B5 which has less power. I can't remember how much per car but there is a difference. We do have a couple of Quattro B6's as well. I'm not sure how much they cost to tax. Both B6 Q's have been in the workshop recently with leaking rear diff seals. Seems to be a common fault, easy enough to fix though.

The B5 pumps out 211g CO2, which from memory is around £285 a year to tax. Interesting about the rear diff seals. I changed the rear gear oil at 125k and the stuff came out like Mellow Birds. New gear oil must help the seals. I also re sprayed the front wings and tidied up little bits on the bodywork. Front subframe still solid, touch wood.