PDA

View Full Version : The famous ESP Light

vw oldie
05-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Yet more aggro with my pain the ar@e Touran. Still trying to clean oil out of the coolant system with Daz after the second oil cooler failure, does it never end? Now I have the wonderful ESP light and system check confirms the code 201 ABS failure. Quality VW? A myth by all accounts. So my 05 plate from new 1.9TDi has had in order, CD failed, intercooler pipe broke, oil cooler split, alternator, another cooler failure now ESP error due to cheap ABS pump unit. Not good in comparison to my J Reg GTi 16v which has only had fuel pump, coil pack, distributor and now unfortunately head gasket which is not bad for 22 years and 150 000 miles.

I have seen tons of posts for this ESP/ABS issue and newer cars seem to get some redress from VW but older cars are not getting any assistance. A basic system feature like ESP/ABS should not be packing in such large numbers like it seems to be. Duff or poorly designed components like this should be an embarrassment for VW but they don't seem to care by all accounts. Pack em high and sell em expensive... shall seriously think about VW/Audi in future, was thinking of A4 or 6 but there seem to be to many basic problems. Nothing lasts forever but this is just a growing trend by all accounts...