PDA

View Full Version : 1.9tdi 130 low rev intermittent power

mikeyb_3
15-04-2013, 10:41 PM
My 1.9tdi is struggling with low rev power loss on a irregular basis. Pulling away from junctions is a bit of lottery as to whether i'll have the power to get away clean. On set off it will pull away slowly but then it gives me all 130bhp at once. This is mainly because I have planted my floot out of frustration. It is then happy to drive like a scalded cat. If your driving on a quick 'a' road, it is fine but if you have been on the over run and then put your foot down on a slight grade it can hesitate for a few seconds.

It is like a fuel demand issue - but at the same time like a turbo lag issue i used have on a saab turbo back in the 90s. I guess it could be a vacuum issue? Coked up turbo has been mentioned but the fact that once its going it boosts fine makes me doubt this slightly. Only fault code is a coolant sensor. Hoping that this will solve it - any suggestions?

Guest 2
15-04-2013, 10:44 PM
When was the fuel filter last changed? A thing of injector cleaner would help also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mikeyb_3
16-04-2013, 11:28 PM
I'll swap it out and see - often the simplest of things...

pecrow
18-04-2013, 08:57 AM
My 1.9tdi is struggling with low rev power loss on a irregular basis. Pulling away from junctions is a bit of lottery as to whether i'll have the power to get away clean. On set off it will pull away slowly but then it gives me all 130bhp at once. This is mainly because I have planted my floot out of frustration. It is then happy to drive like a scalded cat. If your driving on a quick 'a' road, it is fine but if you have been on the over run and then put your foot down on a slight grade it can hesitate for a few seconds.

It is like a fuel demand issue - but at the same time like a turbo lag issue i used have on a saab turbo back in the 90s. I guess it could be a vacuum issue? Coked up turbo has been mentioned but the fact that once its going it boosts fine makes me doubt this slightly. Only fault code is a coolant sensor. Hoping that this will solve it - any suggestions?

when mine did this, it was the air flow meter at fault. £70 for a new bosch one and the car drives fine now. no fault codes were registered.

mikeyb_3
09-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Turns out it was the boost solenoids - pulling like a train again now! Thanks for the suggestions!