PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic mode

s555
09-07-2012, 08:52 PM
On the drive home yesterday I was playing with the sport mode on the auto box (2.0 tdi). I noticed that simply by dropping in to sport mode, the revs increased by 200 or so, without the accelerator position being changed and without it changing gear.

Obviously, sport mode increases the point at which gears are changed, but what else does it do?

Also, is there any difference between dynamic mode and dropping the auto box in to sport ? Other than it fiddling with the steering etc?

robbyg
16-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the 2.0 diesel comes with the multitronic box. This is a continuously variable geabrox, not an auto. The ratios it selects to give you for tiptronic manual control are "fake" gears. Are they 8 speed? i cant remember.

Basically, if the continuously variable adjuster gives you position 1 equiv to 1st in a manual ranging to position 1000 equiv to 6th in a manual then the "fake" gears are say 1, 150, 300, 450, 600... etc in comfort, and perhaps re mapped to 1, 130, 250, 400... in sport so its faster by use of what feel like lower gear ratios.

Just my guess having not actually driven one, but thats seems the most likely cause.

17-07-2012, 08:09 AM
That about sums it up pretty well.

Dynamic also changes the curve used for the accelerator pedal and (perhaps) varies the steering weight a little. I'm not sure on the last point though.

Hawthorn37
17-07-2012, 10:20 PM
That about sums it up pretty well.

Dynamic also changes the curve used for the accelerator pedal and (perhaps) varies the steering weight a little. I'm not sure on the last point though.
Correct on steering also. I don't like Comfort for this reason, the steering doesn't feel precise enough as the power assistance is a bit too much for me.

Timothy Nathan
17-07-2012, 11:04 PM
You can mix'n'match, using Individual.