PDA

View Full Version : Self locking doors

mike ryan
03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
I am looking at getting the doors on my 53 all road to self lock the doors when I set off. I know I could do it on my old a4 by changing the code on the control module. Can I dothe same with my alloroad? If so what coding doo I need to put into my module to make them lock when i set off?

All-rod
05-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Not done it myself, but you should find all info needed here:
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?63038-A6-C5-Auto-Lock-feature
or
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?53589-Auto-lock-unlock-is-it-this-simple

Make sure to check Ross Tech link...

mike ryan
06-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the links. I had already bit the bullet and gone with the procedure as listed for the a4 on ross tech website. This is to add the 32 to the code for the central locking module. It has done the trick. I was wondering about the beep when arming the alarm as my old a4 did it but this doesnt. I know it does cover it in the links but just wanted to clarify the process of which channel i should be adapting or recoding. I really dont want to mess things up for the sake of a beep.

MFGF
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the links. I had already bit the bullet and gone with the procedure as listed for the a4 on ross tech website. This is to add the 32 to the code for the central locking module. It has done the trick. I was wondering about the beep when arming the alarm as my old a4 did it but this doesnt. I know it does cover it in the links but just wanted to clarify the process of which channel i should be adapting or recoding. I really dont want to mess things up for the sake of a beep.

As long as you make a note of the coding/adaptation before you make changes, you will be able to put things back to working order if you incorrectly code things. I figured out the beep on lock / double beep on unlock on an R8 last week, and in the end it was just a case of going for it to see if it worked.

Good luck!

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NickPicks
06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
I was just going to respond that it's really easy, but noticed that All-rod has already linked to my post from 2009. It was really easy with vag-com, and it's reminded me that I must get around to enabling the chirp on lock as well.

All-rod
06-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I always liked my cars silent and so did the previous owner, saving me getting in to all this :o.
Its handy there is a lot of info on this forum been posted already, just need to revive old treads from time to time with a bit of old google :beerchug:.