PDA

View Full Version : Finally Ordered!

Sheroo
16-04-2012, 04:21 PM
3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Saloon, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, 20" Rotors, Air Suspension, Piano Black Inlays - I think I got carried away with the specs.

Thanks for all who advised, greatly appreciated. Delivery expected end of July. Just don't know about the detailing thing. The car is ordered from Audi in Walton which is over 200 miles from where I live, does anyone know a good detailer that can prep the car by removing vinyls etc near Walton in my absence? Or do I get it delivered to West Yorkshire and prepped by a local detailer in my presence, the problem being that Audi Walton will remove and wash themselves?

All advice welcome.

Timothy Nathan
17-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I trust it is Tech Pack Advanced? If not, it is well worth the extra money, even for ACC alone. ACC is pure magic and the best thing about the car.

I got up at 3am today and have driven to the South of Germany....eleven hours behind the wheel stopping only for the Tunnel and fuel, and I arrived fresh as a daisy, entirely because of ACC and Active Lane Assist.

Sheroo
17-04-2012, 09:44 PM
No, I went for WB4, always thought ACC was abit of a lazy thing and I'm just not comfortable and relinquishing that much control to a computer. Can't be that good surely?

Timothy Nathan
17-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Oh yes it is!

Well, your money, your choice. I would never buy a car without ACC again.

Sheroo
17-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Really? It's only an extra £1750 but if I take out the folding mirrors which I specc'ed then it's £1500. Sorely tempted now...

MFGF
17-04-2012, 11:37 PM
But also factor in that you can't have ACC (and therefore the Tech Pack Advanced) without automatic transmission - I assume the 3.0 TDi quattro will have the tiptronic box, but if not you will need to add the cost of this too.

MF.

Sheroo
18-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks, 3TDI Quattro comes with S-tronic only I think so I should be ok.;)

Sheroo
19-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Changed to Advanced Tech Pack so really looking forward to playing with this. Any advice on prepping?