PDA

View Full Version : Central locking failure a6 c4

locostseven
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
My central locking seems to have failed and I think it is something to do with the drivers door lock.

The central locking is via kay as it is not remote controlled. I can still unlock the car using the boot lock turning the key in an anticlockwise direction so I dont think the problem is with the vacuum pump (but I could be wrong). However I cannot lock or unlock the car using the drivers door lock.

This means I have to lock the rear doors and drivers door from the inside then can lock the passenger front door from the external lock. The drivers door will not manually lock or unlock from the outside.

Is there some sort of switch on the drivers side that could have failed. Also I have just had my ecu fail due to water ingress and wondered if this might have caused the problem as the CL pump is on the floor under the back seat and water did get there, although the central lcoking has been working for a week after the ecu fault was rectified and car dried out.

Carl.

locostseven
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Update: Don't think it can be switch in drivers door lock as drivers door lock still switches alarm on and off so assume this would be the same switch?

Will check the connections on the CL pump this weekend for corrosion.

locostseven
24-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Replaced CL pump, now AOK.