PDA

View Full Version : Allroad options

Gazzag36
07-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi there, I am new to the forum and am considering buying an Allroad. I was just wondering what features were optional and if they are worth having such as sunroof, sat nav etc. Also were audio controls on the steering wheel standard and was there ever a facelift? Finally do those with seven seats ever come up for sale? Many thanks, Gaz.

adamss24
07-12-2011, 03:44 AM
The 7 seater were optional as the leather trim, multifunction steering wheel and leather/cruise/satnav/xenons,etc. I use mine for towing only and it's one of the best cars out there for tow- mine has factory fitted detachable towbar, also has a gearbox oil/fuel coolers...Look for leather and the split rim models are higher spec than the normal allroad. Some models had a low range gearbox, memory seats, sunroof and folding mirrors- very rare options...

Gazzag36
08-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks for your reply, what do you mean by split rim?

adamss24
08-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Split rims:
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz323/adamss24/allroadsplitrim2.jpghttp://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz323/adamss24/KGrHqIOKo8E5VLzPRQYBOZj4oWUtQ_121.jpg

Gazzag36
09-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Ah thanks for that.

Columbo
09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Hope your not buying that one. Looks very low at the front right.
Aluminum pack is worth looking for. Leather heated seats i found better comfort than the cloth. I wouldn't worry about the gearshift on the stering wheel as it's a odd position compared to recent cars. Body coloured wheel arches look better too.

Phutters
10-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Body coloured wheel arches look better too.Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder.

When I ordered mine new in 2004 (it was on contract hire back then, before I bought it off them), I deliberately ordered it with the standard dark grey arches and the full dark grey bumpers. Thing is, you see, I reckon not only do the contrasting wheel arches and what-have-you suit the car better (bearing in mind what it's trying to be), but the full body coloured affair comes with those awful dark-tinted windows at the back, and they makes it look like a pimp's wheels.

In my humble opinion, of course...

S2Dicky
10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
I am very interested in this as I am in the market for an Allroad so just trying to do my research before taking the plunge although i would like to get one before any snow arrives and then rest my 4motion Golf up.

OP when I started looking a couple of days ago I found two with the 7 seat option so they are out there although i don't need 7 seats.

Does anyone know do the Allroads have Isofix prep if so is it in the front as well?