PDA

View Full Version : GTI Turbo Cranking Issues

Dino07
12-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Just picked up a 2002 Golf GTI Turbo. 135k on the clock and has AUM engine.

The problem with the car is it cranks for a while before eventually starting. I've not had the opportunity to test when cold but will once i've let it sit overnight.

Driving it i seem to notice a slightl lack of power and have the following error codes up.

16727 - Camshaft position sensor (G40) Signal too high
17956 - Boost pressure regulation valve (N75): Open Circuit

Thing is i've noticed a couple of bits of paper and some receipts for work that has been done on it recently. I think the timing chain has also been replaced not so long ago

I've got a old Crankcase Breather Valve so it looks like that has already been replaced
A receipt for a camshaft position sensor
A receipt for checking and adjusting timing on chain

It seems as though the obvious problems have been checked out already but not cured the issue. Other than going over what i think has already been replaced and tested, where would be a good place to start next?

jimma04
17-09-2011, 03:26 PM
i would suggest its the cam sensor fault with the poor starting as this sensor tells the ecu which cylinder is coming up to fire for quick start if it reads wrong then the engine must do a complete revolution before the ecu can decide where to put the fuel
I would suggest that you get the crank and cam sensor scoped or depending whatscanner you have then maybe read live data