PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Wear Warning Light 2008 TDI Sharan

blue70
21-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi All,

I have a 2008 TDI Sharan. The rear discs needed replacing so it went into a local garage yesterday to have new pads and discs fitted.

When I collected it the garage said that the Wear Sensor warning light was illuminated on the dash but that it would go out after about 5 miles, but if it didn't then bring it back. They said that they had checked that the rear sensor was connected properly and also checked the front pads to make sure that it wasn't those pads that were setting it off.

After about 14 miles it's still on so I took it back this morning. They seemed a bit stumped but they are going to look at it today for me.

From looking at various websites it seems that the most obvious problems could be a) Faulty sensor/wire on new pad, b) Faulty sensor (the bit outside the pad), c) a broken wire in the circuit??

Has anyone had this problem occur before and if so what was the cause?
I also have a friend who has a current VW diagnostic program on his laptop. Would this help in detecting any sort of wiring fault or unconnected cable??

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Edit : Sorry to waste anyones time. Had a call from the garage and one of the new pads was faulty. Pad replaced = light out! Just wanted to get a head start in case they didn't solve the problem.
Thanks