PDA

View Full Version : 7 fIGURE POST CODES ON NAV (AGAIN!)

SMILEMAN
13-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi All
First post so take it easy!!
Got a new A6 Avant Le Mans 2.0 TDI (Polar Blue) last october, first Audi, absolutely love it to bits.
Spec'd Bose and HDD Nav/Juke box, although have found not having 7 figure post codes a real pain (My last car was a 6 year old Honda Accord that had 7 figure ability).
I was waiting in the dealership the other day to have a broken Fog light replaced and whilst browsing the new A6 noiticed that the Nav now does have 7 figure post codes!
Forgot to ask at the time, but does anyone know if I would be able to upgrade?

Guest 2
13-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Yeah the new C7 A6 has this capability, you won't be able to update your system to this as it's a completely different setup to the C6 systems.

Enjoy the car!!

dandam
14-05-2011, 12:43 AM
I read in Autocar that a Skoda Yeti they had with sat nav was upgraded to full post code capability - surely if Skoda do it on a Yeti it must be possible on an A6 !!

AxeMurderer
15-05-2011, 09:35 PM
The Yeti will likely be fitted with a Skoda Columbus, which can be upgraded to do 7 digit postcodes. It is a 2-DIN unit fitted to many current Skoda/VW/Seat vehicles.

The A6 has a totally different system - which has been replaced in the next generation A6. While it is possible that some future version of the maps might introduce 7 digit postcodes, it is unlikely that Audi will invest much in what they probably now see as an obsolete system.