PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 Unbeatable Deal ?

fudge15
03-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Just got my Brand New Q7 and drove it to Glasgow today and would would like to share the deal that i obtained from Manchester Audi.

3.0 Q7 TDI S Line Quattro 2
Daytona Grey
21" Titanium Alloys
TV Reception / DAB *
S/S Running Boards *
Double Glazing / Privacy Glass *
Black Styling Package *
Tech Pack High
CD Changer *
BOSE Surround System
Rear Seat Entertainment Prep *
Body Care.

The price OTR was £45,124.00 inc VAT (20%)

* I did not originally order these items but 2 weeks before the delivery date the Dealers called to say that my car had been accidently sold by another Dealer within the same group due to a computer glitch but they had managed to procure a replacement which was destined as a Demo for another Branch. The only items which were missing from my original order were 1. Panoramic Sunroof and 2. Tyre pressure monitors. Needless to say i accepted his offer.

The Salesman i dealt with was Keith Crew and he was fantastic. He pulled all the stops to make sure i was not disappointed. A true professional. I had tried Carfile , Broadspeed and various Dealers inc Glasgow Audi ( extremely uninterested ) and no one came close.

A few issues i need help with.

1. Where should i buy the 2 Screens for the Prewired Entertainment System.

2. Does the Q7 come with Tyre Pressure Monitors as standard.

3. Is the Gap Insurance worth taking.

Thank You in advance for any assistance.

andynpz
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Lucky guy, fudge! Not familiar with new prices - what do you reckon you saved over full price? Just being nosy as I have no plans to change!!

Can't help with the questions except #3. The answer is another two questions!

1. Would you owe more than the write off value if that should happen? (note NFU insurance, for example, will pay for new car for first 24 months, I think)

2. How likely is it that you will suffer a write off?

Enjoy the luxury - they're fine cars.

Cheers, Andy

Maverick61
05-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Fudge.
Gr8 deal you had there m8. I've also just taken delivery of my new Q7 from Swindon Audi, who like Manchester Audi were very helpful. You had the same spec as I want, inc the Daytona Grey, but alas I ended up with the Ice Silver colour instead as the Daytona Grey was on a back order with Audi and I'd have lost out on a deal. Like you, I had mine for same price after Audi manufacturer discount.

With regards Gap insurance, it definitely worth having some protection, just incase you're involved in an accident and the car is considered a 'Write-Off'. At least you then back in the same financial position as when you bought new, and go go out and buy a new one again!

I'm still playing with all the gadgets and loving it.:D

fudge15
06-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Lucky guy, fudge! Not familiar with new prices - what do you reckon you saved over full price? Just being nosy as I have no plans to change!!

Can't help with the questions except #3. The answer is another two questions!

1. Would you owe more than the write off value if that should happen? (note NFU insurance, for example, will pay for new car for first 24 months, I think)

2. How likely is it that you will suffer a write off?

Enjoy the luxury - they're fine cars.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks Andy. The Dealer told me that the list for all the options that I was now getting was over 54k. A fantastic deal. Think I saved almost 9k. The car is awsome.

fudge15
06-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi Fudge.
Gr8 deal you had there m8. I've also just taken delivery of my new Q7 from Swindon Audi, who like Manchester Audi were very helpful. You had the same spec as I want, inc the Daytona Grey, but alas I ended up with the Ice Silver colour instead as the Daytona Grey was on a back order with Audi and I'd have lost out on a deal. Like you, I had mine for same price after Audi manufacturer discount.

With regards Gap insurance, it definitely worth having some protection, just incase you're involved in an accident and the car is considered a 'Write-Off'. At least you then back in the same financial position as when you bought new, and go go out and buy a new one again!

I'm still playing with all the gadgets and loving it.:D

Thanks Maverick. It does sound good the fact that if your car is written off up to three years down the line they will make up the difference and you will end up with a new car but its a lot of money when youve just spent 45 big ones. Did you go for it?

BTW I phoned up Keith and pointed out that the price on my invoice for the entertainment pack was £1050.00 inc vat and according to the brochure I should have received 2 screens, headphones and remote controls and not just the prep and he agreed to send them out to me. Keith Crew to the rescue once more. Although i'm a bit miffed that I didnt get them on the day as the kids had taken a collection of DVDs with them for the journey back to Glasgow. Still they were that excited once they got into the new brief they forgot all about them. Happy days.

kamza
06-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Congrats on the purchase fudge and I'm not in the least bit surprised Glasgow Audi showed no interest in your requirements. Staying in Renfrew, they were the obvious choice as far as my A6 purchase last year went but I couldn't believe their attitude. Ended up getting a cracking deal from Stirling Audi who ironically are owned by the same group!

On the GAP insurance front, as far as I'm concerned this is a no-brainer but don't buy it from Audi. They quoted me £399 but I ended up getting it for £179 for the same level of cover from Car2Cover on-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick61
06-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi Fudge. Yes, I bought the GAP insurance, just in case some jerk did collide with me for some unknown reason and 'write' the car off! It happened to my son's car 2 yrs ago, but he didn't have GAP insurance ! :mad:

pld118
06-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Just got my Brand New Q7 and drove it to Glasgow today and would would like to share the deal that i obtained from Manchester Audi.

3.0 Q7 TDI S Line Quattro 2
Daytona Grey
21" Titanium Alloys
TV Reception / DAB *
S/S Running Boards *
Double Glazing / Privacy Glass *
Black Styling Package *
Tech Pack High
CD Changer *
BOSE Surround System
Rear Seat Entertainment Prep *
Body Care.

The price OTR was £45,124.00 inc VAT (20%)

* I did not originally order these items but 2 weeks before the delivery date the Dealers called to say that my car had been accidently sold by another Dealer within the same group due to a computer glitch but they had managed to procure a replacement which was destined as a Demo for another Branch. The only items which were missing from my original order were 1. Panoramic Sunroof and 2. Tyre pressure monitors. Needless to say i accepted his offer.

The Salesman i dealt with was Keith Crew and he was fantastic. He pulled all the stops to make sure i was not disappointed. A true professional. I had tried Carfile , Broadspeed and various Dealers inc Glasgow Audi ( extremely uninterested ) and no one came close.

A few issues i need help with.

1. Where should i buy the 2 Screens for the Prewired Entertainment System.

2. Does the Q7 come with Tyre Pressure Monitors as standard.

3. Is the Gap Insurance worth taking.

Thank You in advance for any assistance.

Good for you.

I'm a Scot who lives in the North West and can recommend Manchester Audi's customer care as second to none. My car was bought from another NW Audi dealer who would not help me with a paintwork warranty issue. I went into Manchester Audi who had no need to show me any loyalty (weren't even part of the same group) but they pulled out the stops and got me my car fixed. Superb.

fudge15
07-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Congrats on the purchase fudge and I'm not in the least bit surprised Glasgow Audi showed no interest in your requirements. Staying in Renfrew, they were the obvious choice as far as my A6 purchase last year went but I couldn't believe their attitude. Ended up getting a cracking deal from Stirling Audi who ironically are owned by the same group!

On the GAP insurance front, as far as I'm concerned this is a no-brainer but don't buy it from Audi. They quoted me £399 but I ended up getting it for £179 for the same level of cover from Car2Cover on-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kamza i'll give them a call.

fudge15
07-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi Fudge. Yes, I bought the GAP insurance, just in case some jerk did collide with me for some unknown reason and 'write' the car off! It happened to my son's car 2 yrs ago, but he didn't have GAP insurance ! :mad:

Hi Maverick, you dont ever think it'll happen untill it does eh? I'll do a bit of research first i think.