PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Loud Exhaust Noise When Accelerator Pushed

NAZZA69
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi, I have a 2000 Gttdi golf 115 PD.
The car was driving along fine for about 20 mins until I pulled up to a Junction but as I pulled away from the junction and pressed the accelerator pedal, a loud noise could be heard from what seems to be the front end. It sounds like I have a Scooby or a bloody harley davidson its that loud and only makes this noise when accelerating. The Turbo seems to activate 250rpm later than usual too but the noise is still heard but not as loud. When Ideling there is no noise at all. Any Ideas Guys as I crapping myself to drive it incase something blows up :-(

Cheers Nath

kite
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
check for loose or blown off boost hoses...

NAZZA69
02-11-2010, 08:19 PM
I had the Pipe from the intercooler to the turbo replaced about 3 weeks ago as the lugs were worn and its been fine since. Is there anything else it could be if all pipes are on correctly and not spiit as it doesnt sound the same as when the pipe came off. When it came off before it didnt make a noise untill turbo activated then it sounded like a hairdryer. THis noise is really deep as soon as the accelerator pedal is pressed and it sounds like a boy racers 1.0 corsa with heinz beans can for an exhaust pipe....

kite
02-11-2010, 08:34 PM
blown exhaust maybe.
Open the bonnet and look for where the sound is coming from.

bluenose
02-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I've got something very similar on my 150 diesel, sounds like the tappets are going to explode under acceleration, but its intermittent, had the injector loom changed last week to try and cure it, also it has a vibration attaced to the noise, you can feel it when you accelerate, got in going in to Volks wizard on Thurs