PDA

View Full Version : Audi dealers are not all bad

A6SE
23-09-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd just like to comment on LINCOLN Audi (JCT 600 run) - They were fantastic today - I had my A6 in for new cambelt, waterpump, all associated pulleys and belts.

They collected from where I work (1 hour drive each way) did the free MOT, cambelt work and returned it all washed and cleaned out inside for £399

I expected them to fail it on a clicking CV joint but they didn't - Just noted it with a few other items on the advisory part of the MOT documentation along with their prices (also coded my key for £18.00)

I know they are a bit more expensive than other garages but at least it comes with 2 years parts and labour guarantee - I'll certainly be using them again for the CV joint and some suspension rubbers that are starting to perish (again, didn't fail on this just advisory notice).

Well done guys :D:D

NickPicks
24-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Which engine was that for?

iwaters
24-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah they are not all bad. I've dealt with three different Audi main dealers, two were really good, but my current local one are a bunch of cretins.

A clicking CV joint wont fail and MOT but a split boot will, not sure why that is as you would think a clicking joint would indicate that it is going to fail soon.

A6SE
24-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Which engine was that for?

Sorry, Mines a 1.9TDi SE 6 speed - Hope that helps

A6SE
24-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah they are not all bad. I've dealt with three different Audi main dealers, two were really good, but my current local one are a bunch of cretins.

A clicking CV joint wont fail and MOT but a split boot will, not sure why that is as you would think a clicking joint would indicate that it is going to fail soon.

Too true, but I'm not complaining - GOing to let them sort CV joint first in a few weeks then the rubber bits :D