PDA

View Full Version : New Audi (well, new to me)

1.9 red I
05-07-2010, 07:38 PM
I bought an A4 last week and there are a few maintenance items that need tending. The front brakes need doing, pads and rotors. I found a pair of drilled and slotted rotors for 60 pounds and a full set(front & rear) of ebc green stuff pads for 80 pounds. I am also looking at replacing the rear disc with drilled slotted but they don't need replacing.

I was just wondering if anyone had any input/advice on brake parts or actually doing the job.

Second, the suspension bushings are all worn, the car just sort of dances on the motor way. I haven't looked around for this but I am going to the dealer tomorrow and I was going to ask what they charge for an OE replacement set. I am heading to the Dealer in Bury as they are the nearest.

Any comments, help, or advice are welcome.

Thanks

Dragonman
25-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Funny you have probaly done it by now so you know it a easy job

Just done the same to mine front drilled and grooved discs and green stuff pads front and back. just finnish it then look on the forums and found Mtec Brakes are now on here :aargh4: so will be looking at there rear disc later in the year.

Also painted the calipers at the same time using smooth right paint which when on easy and is looking good.

mike ryan
28-07-2010, 11:57 AM
If you need suspension parts and want quality stuff go to euro car parts and get the lemforder ones. They are the same as the original equipment so much so that my ones just had the audi symbols ground off them. They are alot cheaper than audi and the guy who served me gave me trade discount to.