PDA

View Full Version : Where is everybody?

Touran Man
24-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Do we have any MPV types here?
I hope so,otherwise its going to get very lonely.

stuart
24-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Do we have any MPV types here?
I hope so,otherwise its going to get very lonely.
Thanks for your post, I often think the same myself, and I started it;) If only all of the 28 members just posted somthing it would get things rolling along.

Never mind, only been "LIVE" for about 6 weeks or so, so early days yet. I hope:confused:

Stuart

mozzfree
26-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Can't figure out how to post a new thread but am desperate so am linking to this one. Apologies Touran Man but maybe you can offer suggestions.
We have just bought a 2nd hand Touran 2.0 SE and were initially very pleased with it, until we went out on a long drive, about 100 miles. Now we are experiencing multiple problems, for example, the engine loses power after about 10 miles, feels like permanent turbo lag, but regains the power if you pull over and switch the engine off for a while; the coolent light flashes warnings after every 60 miles and we have to top up; the windscreen wipers work for a while then start sticking and stop altogether and whereas we could vary the speed before this problem occured, now we cannot; the fan only works on the fourth speed; and finally the airbag warning light is continuously on. Would appreciate any comments. Many thanks

Mozzfree.

Touran Man
31-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Ouch that sounds like a bad un.
Couple of things.
Where did you buy it from?
VW dealer, generic dealer or private?
Must be some kind of warrantee from a dealer.
VW warrantee is 3 years and transfers with the car, you don't even need the service record, they store it on a central computer, they can pull everything up just from your reg number.
If Stuart doesn't mind me poaching members, there is Touran forum at
www.clubtouran.net (http://www.clubtouran.net)
Jump in and introduce yourself, I'm The Touranran over there.
We've come across most of the "undocumented features", you seem to have some new ones.
Theres something seriously wrong with your car that needs fixing as soon as possible.
All kinds of nasties spring to mind, I'd get it into a VW dealer as soon as possible, they'll hook it up to the computer and diagnose it for you.
All the best, hope that helps.