Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Question New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

Just booked my car in for an upcoming service, the dealership said that there are a couple of recall work for the car as well, one being a MMI update - I guess that's the one which upgrades the MMI to version 1xxx (I am currently on 0976); the other work is an emission reduction upgrade..

Have you guys done any of these? Any major bug the MMI upgrade fixes? and more importantly any issue after the diesel emission work? I thought Q7s are not affected by the emission problem and I also read that emission recall work for other Audi models introduced a lot issues for some - reduced power output, car being less responsive at times and reduced fuel efficiency etc etc.. I would happily get it done if there is no impact on cars performance otherwise I will try to avoid it where I can...

Thanks!
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

2. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jldiablo View Post
    Hey guys,

Just booked my car in for an upcoming service, the dealership said that there are a couple of recall work for the car as well, one being a MMI update - I guess that's the one which upgrades the MMI to version 1xxx (I am currently on 0976); the other work is an emission reduction upgrade..

Have you guys done any of these? Any major bug the MMI upgrade fixes? and more importantly any issue after the diesel emission work? I thought Q7s are not affected by the emission problem and I also read that emission recall work for other Audi models introduced a lot issues for some - reduced power output, car being less responsive at times and reduced fuel efficiency etc etc.. I would happily get it done if there is no impact on cars performance otherwise I will try to avoid it where I can...

Thanks!
    I have these upgrades done a month ago. No any visible change in MMI. However if you have any retrofit coding it will probably disappear. It happened in my case and I had to do some codings again. To be save and avoid any problems with car ECU ( I have ABT computer) I rejected the emission reduction upgrade. I don't know if it is also possible in UK but in Poland it was possible without any problem. Even despite of fact that the car is still under the warranty. I have heard several opinions about this emission reduction upgrade, only some people have noticed reduced power but almost all have noticed higher AddBlue consumption.

0 1 0

3. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jldiablo View Post
    and more importantly any issue after the diesel emission work?
    It seems to me, that it does nothing, except to add more Adblue to the fuel mix. There was no change in the charasteristics at all.

For the record, it worth to mention, that we had a compensation from Audi here in Hungary (probably all over the World) to fill up the Adblue tank for six times for free, so it definitely worth the update. On the other hand this means, that the upgrade is a more or less mandatory, as you will not get all the warranty related repairs if you deny the upgrade.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

4. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    and the MMI update just fixes a bug with the FM Radio and fixes a bunch of security exploits

(It wont update your software version from 0976 to something "higher")
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

5. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    It seems to me, that it does nothing, except to add more Adblue to the fuel mix. There was no change in the charasteristics at all.

For the record, it worth to mention, that we had a compensation from Audi here in Hungary (probably all over the World) to fill up the Adblue tank for six times for free, so it definitely worth the update. On the other hand this means, that the upgrade is a more or less mandatory, as you will not get all the warranty related repairs if you deny the upgrade.
    I was told that it is not obligatory but rather based on the goodwill of the car owner. No even a word about free Adblue. Service confirmed that if I deny the upgrade it will not void any car warranty Audi obligation. It seems that it's vary from the market.
    For me it was very important not to do any ECU upgrades since I have ABT engine computer which, by the way is accepted by my Audi Service. What was interesting, I was also told that MMI upgrade is obligatory.

0 1 0

6. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the info, really interesting to see perspectives from different countries! yeah, the MMI update probably not worth it as I have retrofits and custom codings done! Winking at you@andyhud007 Will reject if they allows me to.

Emission stuff if it actually makes the car environmental friendlier at the cost of just a bit more adblue, maybe?... hmmm...
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

7. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Um do you know what the ECU recall number is? May want to avoid it or At least check with ABT if it will mess that up. My car was in dealer end August and had couple of updates done below, but not anything to do with ECU. Maybe I just missed it.

“NOTES
    Carried out 55K2 — service bonnet hlnges
    Carried out 91U7 — MMI update”

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

8. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post

From what I've read about the V6 emissions update, using the A6 as an example, the adblue usage goes up from 10 litres per 10k miles to 10 litres per 3k miles. Someone with the BiTdi also noted a 60bhp drop after having his car on the rolling road. After all the issues with emissions updates on the 4cylinder engine my car will not be having this update done.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 1 0

9. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Dealership just shared this:
    they are 91U7 (MMI) and 23X6 (Emission)

0 0 0

10. Re: New recalls for Q7 4M? anyone done it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevTrem View Post
    From what I've read about the V6 emissions update, using the A6 as an example, the adblue usage goes up from 10 litres per 10k miles to 10 litres per 3k miles. Someone with the BiTdi also noted a 60bhp drop after having his car on the rolling road. After all the issues with emissions updates on the 4cylinder engine my car will not be having this update done.
    that doesn't sound good at all

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast