Notices

User Tag List

Thread: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! )

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    The A5 loan car had the 177 and its engine code is CGLC

I agree - keep the 1.9. My 1.9 is doing 1000 miles a week and hasn't missed a beat - 27k December 2011 now in October just touching 51k.

0 0 0

2. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    fine engine code no probs

0 0 0

3. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The unboxing

My Zesty A6 had been standing since 11am... I fitted throttle@10pm, started her up... high revs... some rocking/dipping...

I went to local ESSO fuelled up... car temp had risen above 50 below the 70 mark... @start some rocking/dipping up down... ...

When car warm after good run... it idle well...

Below is page one straight away I seen in MVB 13 data section 2 the injector move positive higher than all the others...

Attachment 18312

The full log from home to ESSO...

Attachment 18313
    It's Official I have the most lemon A6 3.0 TDi

Maybe it will explode like the Hindenburg
    Last edited by gupsterg; 06-01-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Further post compacted :)

0 0 0

4. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gup,

The party is over with a bump. Gutted, can't believe that has not worked for you.

So it is looking like injectors then.

Is a8 tech ever wrong? I was hoping he was this time!
    Last edited by sparker; 20-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Audi Allroad 3.0tdi. Tiptronic. 12/12/2006. Full Phantom Black, 19" alloys, MMI high, Navigation, Phone prep, Heated sports seats with memory, Parking advanced with rear camera, Sunroof, Rear blinds.

0 0 0

5. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to take up your tip of changing the anti freeze. I can only see g12 plus plus. Is that the right one or is there a newer revised anti freeze g12+++?

Thanks
    Audi Allroad 3.0tdi. Tiptronic. 12/12/2006. Full Phantom Black, 19" alloys, MMI high, Navigation, Phone prep, Heated sports seats with memory, Parking advanced with rear camera, Sunroof, Rear blinds.

0 0 0

6. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    When I watch the video, I thought that the exhausts where puffing out moisture not white smoke. So gup what do you think? Hopefully it was just a bit of H2O and not unburnt diesel. I wasn't aware of white smoke being talked about so I hope that all will be well.
    I believe it was just normal vapour cold morning thing... but here's a video after the throttle body been changed...

Is V8 tech ever wrong? I was hoping he was this time!
    I don't think A8 Tech is ever wrong.... as long as he has correct data...

I have no option left to carry on but sort this problem...
    Last edited by gupsterg; 07-11-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Video added, Post compacted :)

0 0 0

7. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So it seems you may have arrived or be suspecting injectors.

I find it amazing how this problem manifests itself in different ways.

I know 3 out of 6 of mine are out of tolerance and im in the midst of biting the bullet and changing all six (i think ). But with mine its an obvious issue, smoke like you wouldnt believe after 2 mins or so of idle. I would consider my injector wear fairly advanced. However mine has never done any of this erratic idle malarkey, thats what i find so frustrating mine behaves impeccably apart from this 60 a day smoking habit it has out the rear!!

Im quite paranoid about issues like this and would have spotted any idle fluctuations, dips in power etc. I just find it weird how everybody with injector issues on tinters seems to note a wide range of symptoms. suppose thats the nature of modern engines, if something is a miss it has knock on effect.

Im at the same watershed as you, if it is your injectors then thats a shed load of cash. I have taken a few weeks to really think about ploughing the £1700-1800 into mine. I do feel that if i do it then i hope that is one of the biggest weaknesses of the 3.0 tdi sorted. You at this stage are in the unique position where you have dealt with a host of other weak problems including the chain rattle. You cant get that cash back and trust me invoices like that will not get reflected in any trade in offer (trust me ive spent 4 weeks getting stupid offers on my car from traders).

I drove mine lastnight, in the pouring rain and thought what a great machine it is. Coming into winter, where im literally passing people abandoning cars on the side of the road because of snow etc with no drama at all i just think i dont want anything else.

Sorry to bore, just my 2p, if you are looking at injectors ive agonized on the shall i fix it or not issue and personally what bothers me most, if i throw the towel in on the Audi and start again with something else, will i just be having the same conversation further down the line about something else?

Best of luck with your diagnostic quest, have a bottle of wine and them mull it over, i find this numbs the pain

Ross

2 1 0

8. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I would like to take up your tip of changing the anti freeze. I can only see g12 plus plus. Is that the right one or is there a newer revised anti freeze g12+++?

Thanks
    g12+++ is genuine, reduces glycol (auto gearbox killer) and better protection

1 0 0

9. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    From my view of data in MVB 13 data window 2 was the one which moved positive by a lot... so is Cyl. 2 injector duff...

Before getting chain rattle fix done I also post data on my injectors Link:- A6/C6 injector PROBLEM - Replacement/refirbished injectors possible? - Page 2

The PDF's in above link "Extract injector test x.pdf" Cyl.1 2 3 all move positive... Cyl 2 more than others...

I will do MVB 72 to 77 as well soon again...

I don't think the throttle body change was a waste as yesterday morning when I give car some revs this happened...

When did scan at home this was fault ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
    Part No SW: 4F0 910 401 L HW: 4F0 907 401 A
    Component: 3.0L V6TDI G000AG 0040
    Revision: --H01--- Serial number:
    Coding: 0011772
    Shop #: WSC 02334 785 00200
    VCID: 254BDA7FECF6CC30723

1 Fault Found:
    17953 - Throttle Valve Controller
    P1545 - 002 - Malfunction - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 1596 /min
    Torque: 124.8 Nm
    Speed: 22.4 km/h
    Voltage: 13.91 V
    Duty Cycle: 45.8 %
    Bin. Bits: 000
    Mass Air / Rev.: 358.4 mg/str
    Voltage: 0.000 V

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you ref earlier posts I never got the MIL light before, but if revs high enough I think you get then... what I can't make sense of is fault log show " Speed: 22.4 km/h" when MIL came on car was stationary I just blipped accelerator...
    Last edited by gupsterg; 07-11-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Formatting done

0 0 0

10. Re: BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi gup, been reading this thread with interest and sharing in your pain and disappointment. don't do anything hasty, wait to see what advice a8 tech has. What about a single injector, at least for now, any point? I know you should but is it absolutely essential to change the complete set?

1 1 0

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast