Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Urine has alot of nitrogen in it so has a 'Fast & Furious' NOS boost effect .

0 1 0

2. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the constructive advice and the massive hijack of the thread

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mphojan-MJ View Post
    By wee what do you mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    by wee, I mean small, I am Scottish so we speak proper like hahahaha !!!

1 1 0

4. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by utensil999 View Post
    Thanks for the constructive advice and the massive hijack of the thread

Sorry for hijack, I'm new to all this forum stuff--but the info is very true !!

0 1 0

5. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Urine has alot of nitrogen in it so has a 'Fast & Furious' NOS boost effect .
    show me the stats(proof of that) for that quot and I make you a millionaire !!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    No worries mate, i thought it was quite funny!

0 0 0

7. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by utensil999 View Post
    No worries mate, i thought it was quite funny!

thanks for that--but I don't want to be making enemies or upsetting foke if you know what I mean--the veg thing is true !!!

0 0 0

8. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I've used veg ( rapeseed ) oil as I said earlier , absolutely fine but I think the viscosity when cold killed the crude '96 mechanical fuel pump .

I guess the 1.9 PD's have a pre heating of fuel to make it thinner in viscosity ?

Both veg and sunflower seem the same viscosity and the same energy content . Not a huge saving when bought by the litre .

I'm not sure what you mean by it cleaning out the tank and fuel system as I'm sure pump diesel has added solvents , detergents and dispersants , the stuff dissolves tarmac !

Does sunflower or veggie dissolve tarmac ?

I'm an avid user of 2 Stroke oil in derv .

0 0 0

9. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    I've used veg ( rapeseed ) oil as I said earlier , absolutely fine but I think the viscosity when cold killed the crude '96 mechanical fuel pump .

I guess the 1.9 PD's have a pre heating of fuel to make it thinner in viscosity ?

Both veg and sunflower seem the same viscosity and the same energy content . Not a huge saving when bought by the litre .

I'm not sure what you mean by it cleaning out the tank and fuel system as I'm sure pump diesel has added solvents , detergents and dispersants , the stuff dissolves tarmac !

Does sunflower or veggie dissolve tarmac ?

I'm an avid user of 2 Stroke oil in derv .
    at the mo- I save one pound per gallon-the old CAV/Lucas diesel pumps would give up the gost with veg oil--but the Bosch pumps I have never had a prob with--no my 1.9 pd dont pre heat(only reciculate from filter untill up to temp them it opens and returns to tank via a we heat exchanger under driverside be4 back to tank-sunflower is thiner !!-becaue its thicker than diesel-it drags all the crap from the tank and lines(thats why I said after first two tanks ya need to change the fuel filter!) cleans the tank and lines--diesel from the pump is not as clean as foke think-(take you fule sender out and give you tank a scrape and you will see what I am saying-veg abd sunflower oil is -what it says on the plastic bottle-vegetable matter- not petroleum- no cemicals so no carbon etc etc-so no crap build up in you engine--is it startting to make sence ??--no I.m not trying to be a t--t just trying to make a point !!!! ps I have never heard of the 2stroke thing--but be ashured I am going to try !!!!pps-next time you change fuel filter--have a look at just how black/dirty it is !! and that is just from pump fuel !!!

0 0 0

10. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Surprised you haven't heard , it has to be mineral based JASO FB spec .

Semi and synthetic FC and FD don't dissolve well in the fuel and are more expensive anyway .

The oil brings additional lubricity to the pump and detergents and dispersants to keep the fuel system clean .

Being a petrol additive it must burn like petrol so it's molecules are first to ignite under diesels compression ignition then the diesel molecules follow , so this reduces diesels ignition delay ( diesel knock ) thus improving the fuels Cetane number .

The results are , quicker starting particularly noticeable from cold , quieter engine mostly noticeable at idle , less smoke out of exhaust as better combustion . Less carbon deposits in egr , intake manifold , turbo , etc .

More mpg , only a few .

You'll need more than just 100ml to a tank .

10 Litre Diesel ---> 50 Ml.
    20 Litre Diesel ---> 100 Ml
    30 Litre Diesel ---> 150 Ml.
    40 Litre Diesel ---> 200 Ml.
    50 Litre Diesel ---> 250 Ml.
    60 Litre Diesel ---> 300 Ml.
    70 Litre Diesel ---> 350 Ml.
    80 Litre Diesel ---> 400 Ml.
    90 Litre Diesel ---> 450 Ml.
    100 Litre Diesel ---> 500 Ml.

Are you egr disabled ?

When you quote an mot smoke opacity reading of just 0.02
    ( lower than an actual reading of a dpf equipped car ) is that opacity mean value or just the lowest result ?

I understand you put in some pump derv when it gets really cold , it's what taxi drivers do but put a splash of petrol in the derv tank , I understand as it's more combustible thus reduces the diesel knock .

0 0 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast