1. common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As probably many people knows common fault on 2.0tdi blb engines is oil pump which could damage whole engine.
    My car running fine, car has high mileage, so thinking to try solution to prevent oil pump fault..
    Do anyone has tried this company before? - Balance Shaft Repair
    or could be better options?
    A6 C6 2.0TDI PD BLB 2005 SALOON

0 0 0

2. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The only way I will deal with it is by fitting the new uprated part but as the afflicted cars get older, repairs such as these look better value than £1000 for the updated unit BUT it does come with a new oil pump so you have to factor that in so a "repaired" unit as in the advert is effectively about half the price of the new system with the 100-mm key but has a two year labour inclusive Audi warranty NO MATTER who fits it.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    found better option, they got shafts ready to ship. Audi VW 2.0 Tdi Balance shaft oil pumps regeneration
    send payment 215£ and send ur old shaft or
    215£ +100£ deposit, with depposit they send immediately rebuilded balance shaft with 100mm key. After they receive your old shaft, dealer sends deposit back, so ending up with 215£

1 1 0

4. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    The balance shaft is not the main problem with the blb engine, its the chain driven oil pump that is the offender, you need to get the gear conversion done first

0 0 0

5. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Not sure if posting links to other forums is allowed but this is the best blb thread going that I know of. http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads...failure.81997/

0 0 0

6. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Where did my post go?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Thats dammed annoying my post vanishing, never mind I will do it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    The balance shaft is not the main problem with the blb engine, its the chain driven oil pump that is the offender, you need to get the gear conversion done first
    Sorry but that is completely wrong. The chain is driven from the crank pulley (obviously) and these do occasionally fail, normally due to the tensioner falling off and the whipping chain wears the sprocket

The chains driven sprocket drives the primary balancer shaft (what was left of the tensioner I had already removed here) and this is a Passat which is the same.

Broken tensioner

This then drives the secondary balancer shaft via a helically cut gear and this secondary shaft has a broached 6-mm (ish) hex hole in its middle

which then drives the 6-mm hex key (two different lengths depending on date)

Worn hex key and new

Key being removed from oil pump

and this drives the oil pump, you can just make it out in the dead centre of the pump with the circlip around it. This is the spur gear system, the early versions of which also fail in regards of the hex key and some have even suffered spur gear failure.

This is a Passat 3C set up but it is the same and has the same problems.

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

8. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Thats dammed annoying my post vanishing, never mind I will do it all again.

Sorry but that is completely wrong.
    What is wrong? Have you read the ASN thread, there are plenty of failed BLB failures due to the tensioner, why would you not get that fixed?

0 0 0

9. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Agree with Crasher thanks for pictures, maybe there plenty of other problems, but i believe everything start due to manufacturer's key.
    Both gear and chain systems has oil pump fail, if to convert system that may just delay oil pump fail, so if oil pump system undamaged i suggest better just rebuild balance shaft

p.s another repair company, 225£ shaft repair 125 deposit, 2 year unlimited mileage warranty
    http://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/products.html they has listing on ebay is well

0 0 0

10. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    If you read the BLB thread all the BLB engines have failed due to the tensioner, I've not read any that have only had the balance shaft replace, my be the tensioner/ chain reduced the wear to the balance shaft. The chain driven system was so bad that Audi don't even make replacement parts just the gear conversion. Why they never issues a recall is beyond me. There are a few aftermarket tensioner being made but no idea they they are like.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast