Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Hi there,

I'm seeing a very weird problem since a week or so (I think): When I connect my phone (iPhone 7) to the car the CarPlay display comes up nicely on the screen but the moment I engage the reverse gear, the CarPlay screen goes away for the obvious reason but then it never comes up. If I go to the main menu and press CarPlay at that point, the icon makes a little jump but that's it. It doesn't come back until I disconnect and reconnect the phone. Anyone ever have seen that before or know what's going on?

-San

0 0 0

2. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    San
    I can't help as I am an Android user, but also see strange things happening that require phone restart (Android Auto). I am beginning to suspect this is not totally sorted software somewhere in the chain :-/

Hugh

0 0 0

3. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Thanks Hugh!
    Do you see the same thing if you go to the reverse when your Android Auto is on? I could be CarPlay s/w issue but just interested to if the same thing happening for others.
    I also see some occasional issue as well - sometimes it doesn't connect at all, especially if I disconnect and connect staying inside the car. That time I need to get out of the car, lock it, wait for 2 mins or so (that reboots the car) and then it connects back again. Also sometimes see the issue sound (I only have audio-books on my phone) that being played from iPhone over CarPlay - the sound becomes hardly audible, very mechanical and seems come from very far away. I only have audio-books stored on my phone but I suspect that will do the same for songs etc. as well. Maybe be needs to be booked in for a check.

-San

0 0 0

4. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUsers View Post
    Thanks Hugh!
    Do you see the same thing if you go to the reverse when your Android Auto is on? I could be CarPlay s/w issue but just interested to if the same thing happening for others.
    I also see some occasional issue as well - sometimes it doesn't connect at all, especially if I disconnect and connect staying inside the car. That time I need to get out of the car, lock it, wait for 2 mins or so (that reboots the car) and then it connects back again. Also sometimes see the issue sound (I only have audio-books on my phone) that being played from iPhone over CarPlay - the sound becomes hardly audible, very mechanical and seems come from very far away. I only have audio-books stored on my phone but I suspect that will do the same for songs etc. as well. Maybe be needs to be booked in for a check.

-San
    Ive not bothered with car play up until couple of weeks ago

mines seem like yours if I put in reverse or open a door or even set the sensors off as in sat in traffic and some one gets near the car or I stop near the car in front car play disconnects

the music still play though

when you go into the MMI unit under car play if you select car play it won’t select

you have to then go into connection manager de select phone (untick) where shows CarPlay then re select (tick) then comes back on

any help would be great

(am using iPhone X connected via Audi usb lead)

thanks

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

5. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes I have the same issue as you describe. Very frustrating. If I unplug my phone and plug back in it works again. I have to say I’m also not sure what the purpose of wireless charging is (part of the tech pack) given you have to plug the phone in via a lead to use car play!

0 0 0

6. Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler44 View Post
    Yes I have the same issue as you describe. Very frustrating. If I unplug my phone and plug back in it works again. I have to say I’m also not sure what the purpose of wireless charging is (part of the tech pack) given you have to plug the phone in via a lead to use car play!
    Wireless charging will be much more useful once wireless CarPlay is rolled out, which is coming... Can’t say I’ve experienced the above issue but I’ll test it. Sometimes I have found the MMI gets confused between its own media/radio inputs and CarPlay but that’s all.

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

7. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Wadienet any idea when wireless car play will be available? Will it only be available on new models?

0 0 0

8. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler44 View Post
    Wadienet any idea when wireless car play will be available? Will it only be available on new models?
    I have no inside knowledge sadly, just read press commentary about VW implementing it - so you can bet Audi are. Wired CarPlay can be as that’s what I had done and it was only software. But I don’t know about wireless - if its new hardware than less likely.
    Apple CarPlay FAQ: Everything You Need to Know

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

9. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUsers View Post
    Hi there,

I'm seeing a very weird problem since a week or so (I think): When I connect my phone (iPhone 7) to the car the CarPlay display comes up nicely on the screen but the moment I engage the reverse gear, the CarPlay screen goes away for the obvious reason but then it never comes up. If I go to the main menu and press CarPlay at that point, the icon makes a little jump but that's it. It doesn't come back until I disconnect and reconnect the phone. Anyone ever have seen that before or know what's going on?

-San
    MacUsers I tried this today and could not replicate it. It kicks straight back into whatever I was doing in CarPlay (Spotify I think). I’d get a dealer to check it out.

0 0 0

10. Re: Issue with CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Just tried this morning. Reversed to park and when in Park I hit the button to turn parking cameras off and it reverted back to CarPlay automatically (had Apple Maps on screen).

I’ve got an iPhone 6S Plus on iOS 11.2.2. Car is a May 16 build.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast