Notices

User Tag List

Thread: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi...hoping someone can put my out of my misery...

I have a Feb 2016 Q7 and the Audi Connect stuff generally works ok. I mean I can connect, see where I've parked, even twitter in the car works (used it once!). So, there's a connection between the Myaudi account and app and the car. But...

I cannot see if my doors are locked, fuel level, mileage etc. There's nothing in the app to suggest it can do that...except for annoying message on the front page of the myAudi app, it reads ...
    Audi Q7
    Become main user
    To experience the full range of my Audi, save your Audi partner in the myAudi app and allow yourself to be defined as the main user by this partner on-site.

But, my local dealer can't shed any light.I also seem to be missing a feature on the MMI, something which is shown in my user manual page 233, with the text "Applies to: vehicles with Audi connect vehicle control services". The manual refers to Menu>Audi Connect>Display available functions (if necessary) > right control button Audi connect user administration > Key user > Set key user.

My MMI doesn't show any of these options.

I emailed Audi over the coarse of 2 weeks (for two replies); they told me that these features weren't available on 2016 models. End of.

Perhaps they're right, but I'd love a second opinion...seems odd it would be covered in my 2016 manual if the features weren't available then. (Time travel perhaps?)

I'd love to hear if anyone with an MY16 Q7 can see if their doors are locked in the Myaudi app.
    Thanks!
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 0 0

2. MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nilli View Post
    Hi...hoping someone can put my out of my misery...

I have a Feb 2016 Q7 and the Audi Connect stuff generally works ok. I mean I can connect, see where I've parked, even twitter in the car works (used it once!). So, there's a connection between the Myaudi account and app and the car. But...

I cannot see if my doors are locked, fuel level, mileage etc. There's nothing in the app to suggest it can do that...except for annoying message on the front page of the myAudi app, it reads ...
    Audi Q7
    Become main user
    To experience the full range of my Audi, save your Audi partner in the myAudi app and allow yourself to be defined as the main user by this partner on-site.

But, my local dealer can't shed any light.I also seem to be missing a feature on the MMI, something which is shown in my user manual page 233, with the text "Applies to: vehicles with Audi connect vehicle control services". The manual refers to Menu>Audi Connect>Display available functions (if necessary) > right control button Audi connect user administration > Key user > Set key user.

My MMI doesn't show any of these options.

I emailed Audi over the coarse of 2 weeks (for two replies); they told me that these features weren't available on 2016 models. End of.

Perhaps they're right, but I'd love a second opinion...seems odd it would be covered in my 2016 manual if the features weren't available then. (Time travel perhaps?)

I'd love to hear if anyone with an MY16 Q7 can see if their doors are locked in the Myaudi app.
    Thanks!
    I can’t and my car was built early 2016 and collected April 2016.

I think it came with My17 when the cars came with embedded SIMs

0 0 0

3. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    I also can't in my Q7 model 2016. I also have got the reply from Audi that these features are not available in 2016 models.

0 0 0

4. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Ditto mine doesn’t have that, December 2015

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Ahh, well at least I can stop chasing shadows!

So, do all MY16’s also have the “Become main user” message in the myAudi app? It’s not serious...but it niggles at me!

Many thanks for the replies.
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 0 0

6. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Ahh, well at least I can stop chasing shadows!

So, do all MY16’s also have the “Become main user” message in the myAudi app? It’s not serious...but it niggles at me!

Many thanks for the replies.
    I don’t see that message all I get is “no connection possible” in settings page.

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

7. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Yes, I get that if I'm not connected to the car's WiFi. But this is in the in the "MMI Connect" app. I'm referring to the "myAudi" app. Not sure why there's two... that's another one for debate!

Screenshot_20180814-092218.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Yes, I get that if I'm not connected to the car's WiFi. But this is in the in the "MMI Connect" app. I'm referring to the "myAudi" app. Not sure why there's two... that's another one for debate!

Screenshot_20180814-092218.jpg
    Odd I don’t see that in myAudi app, I just set it up to check. Not very useful though given it can’t get data from the car remotely other than via the phone interface. The most useful thing I use is sending addresses to the car via the MMI app and Google Maps sharing, then the car picks it up via the SIM I put in (no embedded of course).

0 0 0

9. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I'm getting that 'main User' thing in myaudi for my A7 too. No idea. Generally this whole Audi Connect is really turning into a bit of a lemon. We've lost street view, send to phone from google - next it will be google earth that goes. Reading the reviews of Myaudi and MMI Connect on Google Playstore make interesting, if very sad, reading. They score 2.4 and 2.7 respectively. Audi would have done better to stick a Raspberry Pi behind the dash as a £50 option.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

10. Re: MYAudi App wants me to "Become Main User". So do I. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    I'm getting that 'main User' thing in myaudi for my A7 too.
    Did you both have the cars from new or used? I was just thinking that if they were used then they may have previously been part of a fleet or something like that where the user access was set up as main and subsidiary accounts??? Just guessing given there seems to be that sort of functionality in it.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast